Eastern Teams?

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
RevolutionX
Site Admin

Eastern Teams?

Post by RevolutionX » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:47 am

Whats gonna become of Trenton and Erie? Carolina and Fayetteville (John Morri's, enough said)? New texas league? where will everyone else end up. (Columbus GA and Albany GA)? What is Trenton and Erie to do? Erie has options, but what about Bondo's Trenton team? He had to have lost everything last year. Hell, his staff alone had to have cost hundreds of thousands, What will these teams do? I cant see AIFA getting off ground, people have got to be fed up with Morris's crap. Have people finally had enough of him, so the question is, what is to become of Trenton and Erie?
Last edited by RevolutionX on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Carolina, Trenton and Fayetteville (if there even is a Fayetteville) will go the new AIFA. Columbus and Albany will be part of the new Lone Star League Eastern Conference.

Official Announcement will happen in the next two weeks regarding the Lone Star League.

Who knows if the AIFA actually gets off the ground again. If you go the official AIFA website the score from the Baltimore championship game still scrolls across the top lol.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:50 pm

How can this, the AIFA, work? Its been very quiet. Is he in hidding? one would think if he actually wants to re-start it would have happened.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]Carolina, Trenton and Fayetteville (if there even is a Fayetteville) will go the new AIFA. Columbus and Albany will be part of the new Lone Star League Eastern Conference.

Official Announcement will happen in the next two weeks regarding the Lone Star League.

Who knows if the AIFA actually gets off the ground again. If you go the official AIFA website the score from the Baltimore championship game still scrolls across the top lol.[/quote]

I can see scenarios where Carolina, Trenton, and Fayetteville do not play in any league next season. Carolina makes most sense to be in the new league based upon geographics, but I am not sure that will happen. If Trenton plays somewhere this season, they will need to find new turf, last year's field will be in a new location this season, and Fayetteville, who knows based upon the inidividuals involved.

The more valid question maybe, "where is Erie going to play?"

I also do not believe that you will see the name of "Lone Star League" for the new league. I do not believe that any of the three names that will be used by the new league have been selected yet, Lone Star could end up being a conference name but I do not see it as a league name.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:45 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]I can see scenarios where Carolina, Trenton, and Fayetteville do not play in any league next season. Carolina makes most sense to be in the new league based upon geographics, but I am not sure that will happen. If Trenton plays somewhere this season, they will need to find new turf, last year's field will be in a new location this season, and Fayetteville, who knows based upon the inidividuals involved.

The more valid question maybe, "where is Erie going to play?"

I also do not believe that you will see the name of "Lone Star League" for the new league. I do not believe that any of the three names that will be used by the new league have been selected yet, Lone Star could end up being a conference name but I do not see it as a league name.[/quote]

Carolina under current management would be a bad move. Trenton, considering ownership, another bad move. Anything involving Morris, catastrophic!

Erie's options are very limited, but most likely thye UIFL the best fit for them

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Erie has to be looking for dance partners to help with travel costs, the UIFL provides Johnstown and the IFL has Reading and Lehigh Valley to offer, balance the travel costs against the league costs and you might have some insight to where they are likely to go.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:26 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]Erie has to be looking for dance partners to help with travel costs, the UIFL provides Johnstown and the IFL has Reading and Lehigh Valley to offer, balance the travel costs against the league costs and you might have some insight to where they are likely to go.[/quote]

Already decided I feel. Getting to be the time of year where these things more than likely done deals and awaiting official announcements.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:31 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]Carolina, Trenton and Fayetteville (if there even is a Fayetteville) will go the new AIFA. Columbus and Albany will be part of the new Lone Star League Eastern Conference.

Who knows if the AIFA actually gets off the ground again. If you go the official AIFA website the score from the Baltimore championship game still scrolls across the top lol.[/quote]for the life of me, I still don't understand why columbus & albany won't even consider joining the UIFL. The travel would be MUCH better [there's ANOTHER team already in the state of georgia (Rome Rampage), there's now a team near chattanooga, and theirs a team in ft. myers, florida]. It would just seem geographically logical to do..
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Just a guess but I think all those teams/markets (lions, panthers, hammers) want a "arena style" of game and some have had dealings with some of the UIFL management and were not too pleased.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:01 pm

[quote=""Gusher""]Just a guess but I think all those teams/markets (lions, panthers, hammers) want a "arena style" of game and some have had dealings with some of the UIFL management and were not too pleased.[/quote]

Absolutely correct assumption in terms of the Hammers' desire for an arena style of game.

Return to “SIFL”