New League - More Details

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 pm

[quote=""exit322""]If Dittman isn't running the show, I give him no more than two seasons before he leaves to run the show.[/quote]

LOL
Sounds about right

gatek99
Site Admin

Post by gatek99 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:55 pm

so this is the Lone Star Football League or something different?

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 pm

[quote=""preeths""]The UIF faced the same problem the IPFL did years before: it was shrinking, not growing. There were reasons for that. I know some owners criticized the UIF league office for being pretty expensive. With about twice as many teams, I don't think the IFL employs any more people.[/quote]

I would far rather have fewer teams in a league and have all stable franchises than have teams added for the sake of expansion. How does adding teams in Alaska, with ridiculous travel costs to and from, this was as stupid as the af2 adding Hawaii years ago. How about 20 player trades between two teams owned by the same owner so he can create an all-star team of sorts this cirmcuventing the spirit of league rules. Teams failing, seems like every season, no thanks, but for my dollar, I would prefer that stability of what the UIF offered over anything the IFL has produced.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:42 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]I would far rather have fewer teams in a league and have all stable franchises than have teams added for the sake of expansion. How does adding teams in Alaska, with ridiculous travel costs to and from, this was as stupid as the af2 adding Hawaii years ago. How about 20 player trades between two teams owned by the same owner so he can create an all-star team of sorts this cirmcuventing the spirit of league rules. Teams failing, seems like every season, no thanks, but for my dollar, I would prefer that stability of what the UIF offered over anything the IFL has produced.[/quote]

Excuse me but I do believe the UIF had its share of failures and to Alaska expansion I agree, but it would appear this new league is taking on the person responsible for that expansion. That was a Dittman, Intense thing, not a UIF one. And to the player trade thing, look how that worked out lol. Trying to buy a championship doesn't always go as planned.

Vinny I can not remember a season in any league where at least one team from the previous season didn't return. Failure is part of the nature of the beast. Granted any expansion has to be looked at from several angles for a good fit and appears all leagues circumvent that procedure to one extent or another. You may be looking at this new league as perfection in the making, but I'll go out on a limb and say it will not be perfect, will have issues and most likely expansion problems.

One last thing where the UIF and Dakota Crow is concerned. The man was in it for no other reason than to further his own business ventures and whatever money he could pocket. The UIF finding itself stagnant and not moving forward clearly his lack of being able to sell the program to new teams. His leaving was the best thing for the league, but I'm not sure this IFL/UIF merger anything anyone involved would look at as beneficial either. But in my opinion the league needs growth and with growth does come the increased possibility of problems and even team failures.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Nearly everyone would like to see stable leagues rather than expansion for the sake of expansion if those are the only two choices. The fact remains that a league simply can't keep shrinking without growing. UIF was relatively stable (it was certainly an improvement over the NIFL), but it lost about eight markets over four years and had a difficult time establishing any of its own expansion franchises. They did the math and saw they had to do something. An alliance with another relatively stable league made sense, even though it meant taking on the challenges of that other league. The IFL is certainly a work in progress, but it is also operating in a much more challenging economic environment than UIF ever did. Operating an indoor football league is not an easy gig and everyone who tries it finds that out very quickly.
Last edited by preeths on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Jerry I think the Intense Football League had a couple of seasons where all teams returned from the previous season some did go to other leagues.

I can only think of one team folding while with the Intense (El Paso) and the league stepped in and carried them throw to the end of the season. Others left for NIFL, (The whole league) AF2 Amarillo Dusters Laredo Lobos or relocated Katy Ruff Riders.
Last edited by Gusher on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:47 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]You may be looking at this new league as perfection in the making, but I'll go out on a limb and say it will not be perfect, will have issues and most likely expansion problems.[/quote]

Absolutely not, I do not think the new league is perfection in the making, I have serious reservations about the Texas teams, I feel the way this thing is being cobbled together as being similar to the UIF/IFL merger of years ago, separate entities merged together when it might have been better in the long run to have just kept them separate. It may have made more sense to have had a Lone Star League for the Texas teams and a Southeastern Piedmont League for the Southeastern teams I look at this new league as a last ditch effort to make something out of the mess that was known as the SIFL, which was nothing more than a CF from day one. Perfect, NO, better, YES.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:22 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]Absolutely not, I do not think the new league is perfection in the making, I have serious reservations about the Texas teams, I feel the way this thing is being cobbled together as being similar to the UIF/IFL merger of years ago, separate entities merged together when it might have been better in the long run to have just kept them separate. It may have made more sense to have had a Lone Star League for the Texas teams and a Southeastern Piedmont League for the Southeastern teams I look at this new league as a last ditch effort to make something out of the mess that was known as the SIFL, which was nothing more than a CF from day one. Perfect, NO, better, YES.[/quote]

Can't be any worse than the 2011 SIFL

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:24 pm

[quote=""Gusher""]Jerry I think the Intense Football League had a couple of seasons where all teams returned from the previous season some did go to other leagues.

I can only think of one team folding while with the Intense (El Paso) and the league stepped in and carried them throw to the end of the season. Others left for NIFL, (The whole league) AF2 Amarillo Dusters Laredo Lobos or relocated Katy Ruff Riders.[/quote]

You might be right Gusher as I didn't follow the Intense League closely at all.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Uh oh...

Post by daytonadan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:01 am

Did Vinny just imply that Sportznut and Gusher were part of a CF during the first two year of the SIFL? Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war...")
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Return to “SIFL”