New League - More Details

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:58 pm

[quote=""sportznut""]I have said this before, and stand by it!

I would work for or with CD in any venture! In my tenure with the Intense League, I was paid in full and before i was supposed to get it. He let us and encouraged us to do our job WITHOUT interference! Decisions we made WERE NOT overturned. Hell, We suspended CD from attending a game after being ejected from a game in Katy.. You all may have different dealings with him, but i would go to war with him any day of the week![/quote]

Seriously nut, this has nothing to do with whether CD pays his bills or not or how he handles things internally. I think he's done an amazing job in keeping the Sharks alive for so long, in spite of attacks by the af2 to run him out. I've never heard anything negative on him and how he is in handling league politics, even when he disagrees. This is about what happens between seasons when things are not to his liking. Its as simple as that.

Hope you can get on with the new Texas league nut, they'd be that much better with you on board and hard pressed to find anyone at any price that would do as much as you. You clearly put your heart into it and unlike so many not there just for the paycheck.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:26 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]Only thing missing was "First time caller, long time listener"[/quote]

He didn't sound nervous at all.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 am

You know tho, I could not say what i would or would not do if i owned a team. The average fan could CARE LESS or EVEN KNOW what league there team plays in. I truly went into the SIFL wanting to change that. I wanted them to know the SIFL for the right reasons and not what it turned out to be!

Would i move my team to what i felt was a better situation rather then be in a place i didnt like? I know, he was president of the league. But as TH found out, it is very tough to do both. CD found that letting someone else run the operations was better, problem, he had his Fairbanks teams to start up. That took A LOT of his time and effort, the Hammerheads and the League could make it on their own. The move to the NIFL originally, We thought was a great move from a Drillers fan stand point. But who woulda known the NIFL's downfall would have been so swift. So back to IFL because what else you gonna play. The merger/ UIF buy out... yeah, Cha Ching! and then when your team is the furtherest away from everyone, and the UIF owners ALWAYS looked down their noses at the old InT owners, i am sure it wasnt any better... The move back to SIFL was a stepping stone and come on, we all knew it. I am sure that if there would have been enough time last year when they left the IFL, they would have formed a new league then. So why not play in a league that doesnt cost much, start some teams and get your foot back in the region and start fresh again..... sorry, sounds pretty sound all the way around to me...
Changes.... they are a coming......

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:48 am

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]

Hope you can get on with the new Texas league nut, they'd be that much better with you on board and hard pressed to find anyone at any price that would do as much as you. You clearly put your heart into it and unlike so many not there just for the paycheck.[/quote]

IN A HEART BEAT! I just have to be asked and i would be involved in what ever capacity i am needed! IF not, I get to travel and see games again...
Changes.... they are a coming......

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:18 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]So now everyone is unloading on Dittman instead of TH and GT ... just wanted to make sure we're progressing here.[/quote]
I believe the proper progression for apathetic league leadership is as follows:

CS - CG - RA - AH - JM/MM - TH - GT
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:57 am

Yet RA is still plugging away while the rest seem to be just away.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 pm

9,116 views must be some kind of //www.oursportscentral.com record

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Vinny, you said in another thread "And just for the record, I see little difference between Dittman, Hager, Haines, or Morris, they are all individuals who clearly put their own personal interests well in front of the interests of the sport as a whole, and each time, the end result was pretty much disasterous for the sport."

I don't argue who you group together although could if I wanted, but you said they put their own interests ahead of the sport. Just curious but why do these people start leagues and/or teams if it isn't out of self interest? Granted you can have your own menu and still do things right, but what are the reasons in your opinion some start leagues and/or teams if not for personal interests?[/quote]

When I made the statement, “they are all individuals who clearly put their own personal interests well in front of the interests of the sport as a whole", the key word is “clearly”. Obviously, any team or league owner who enters into this venture does so with the thought of making money, that is a given. When you are an owner, at either the league or the team level, there is a certain degree of power that is inherently associated with that ownership, the key is what is done with that leadership role, how will that power be executed? Will it be managed with a common sense or constructive approach or will it be utilized in a reckless or destructive fashion? The 2011 SIFL season is a perfect example of what happens when too many bad decisions, alterior motives, and hidden agendas pile up, the results had disastrous consequences for this league and the sport as a whole. Furthermore, if the same individuals seem to behave in a similar manner year after year, regardless of what team they own, or what league they bounce around to, there is no other way but to label them reckless, as their track record “clearly” warrants such a label.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:45 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]When I made the statement, “they are all individuals who clearly put their own personal interests well in front of the interests of the sport as a whole", the key word is “clearly”. Obviously, any team or league owner who enters into this venture does so with the thought of making money, that is a given. When you are an owner, at either the league or the team level, there is a certain degree of power that is inherently associated with that ownership, the key is what is done with that leadership role, how will that power be executed? Will it be managed with a common sense or constructive approach or will it be utilized in a reckless or destructive fashion? The 2011 SIFL season is a perfect example of what happens when too many bad decisions, alterior motives, and hidden agendas pile up, the results had disastrous consequences for this league and the sport as a whole. Furthermore, if the same individuals seem to behave in a similar manner year after year, regardless of what team they own, or what league they bounce around to, there is no other way but to label them reckless, as their track record “clearly” warrants such a label.[/quote]

I would agree except on one point, making money. Any who start a league or team with the thought in mind they will make money are delusional at the very least. The majority of those who do this find making a buck hardly realistic. I'm not saying to enter with the hope to make money not ok, but to actually believe the odds are with you that you will is really dumb. Most I feel are happy if their team just breaks even.

ronniern
Site Admin

Post by ronniern » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Okay Guys I am not an "Insider" like most of you ,just a fan who loves the Columbus Lion's and enjoys the indoor game, the conspiracy therories and rumors are confusing to say the least, I just hope the new league is a platform where the players can display their talents to move up to the next level and the average fan like me can enjoy the games and get a short escape from the harsh realities of our jobs and God forbid the bad news on TV, wish everyone well.

Return to “SIFL”