Frisco Falcons Indoor Football team

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm

I would say in speculating that all Texas IFL teams going over to this new league right on and even though others may disagree I do not see this as any kind of loss to the IFL.

LewInDenver
Site Admin

Post by LewInDenver » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:02 pm

It remains to be seen if Texas is enough for Dittman. His history shows that it isnt. As long as he is the main man his ego may stay in check. No one could blame him for leaving the "Suffering Indoor Football League". I dont see any of the current IFL teams staying either.
OUT

Devil Dawg
Site Admin

Post by Devil Dawg » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]....including the ALLEN WRANGLERS, WEST TEXAS ROUGHNECKS, and SAN ANGELO STAMPEDE EXPRESS??

Wow...[/quote]

The Allen Wranglers will not be joining the Lone Star League. I won't go into the reasons why on here but that it was decided it was best not having them at this time.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm

[quote=""Devil Dawg""]The Allen Wranglers will not be joining the Lone Star League. I won't go into the reasons why on here but that it was decided it was best not having them at this time.[/quote]
Let me guess...too close to Frisco?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm

So what do we know at this point? We have the Frisco Falcons playing in the Lone Star Football League and the Florida Stingrays playing in the SIFL for 2012, and that is the extent of what is confirmed at this point, the rest is up for speculation as none of the other teams from the 2011 SIFL season have confirmed where they will be playing in 2012. The rumors of an all Texas league have certainly been out there for a while and that is likely the way it will turn out in the final analysis. There was actually a scenario where the Texas teams would have been back in 2012 providing that Hager was totally out of the picture. The LSFL is supposed to make an announcement by no later than August 28th, presumably that announcement will confirm what teams are in the league and at the same time clear up some of the picture concerning the SIFL's potential western flank going forward. If one takes the Texas teams out of the picture, then what is left for the Hager's SIFL? Will the northeast teams sign up for another season? I think not, they appear to be heading in a different direction. What about "the alliance" teams, if they are truly interested in improving league stability, then how could they ever possibly agree to play in a Hager owned league going forward? Does not make sense. So what does this leave Hager to play with? Virtually nothing of value, for all we know, his old team, may not even be interested in playing in his league. So what are the likely scenarios that can occur? Hager maintains control of the SIFL and he has to find a whole slate of new teams to populate the SIFL, Florida could be the first indication of an effort to do just that. The "alliance" teams form a new league with their collection of hand picked stable franchises, an owners based league, much along the model that the UIF utilized some years back.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Where Hager is concerned I only see one scenario. In order for someone else to lead which is what Albany, Columbus, ans Alabama have said must happen, Hager has to step aside. I only see that happening if enough money is thrust into his hands and I don't see these three teams doing that and why should they, they hold all the cards at this point. Some I feel are too greedy to do what's in the best interest of their league and the SIFL a prime example of greed and ego over what is best.

If the SIFL is to continue under Hager I see more of what the last three years have shown and anybody that argues that may be too crazy or ignorant to use the SIFL history as any kind of indicator. If the SIFL continues under Hager I see more desperation to fill it with teams than any real logic. Florida is a sign of that desperation. Might also be that since bridges in the SIFL 2009, and 2010 landscape burnt that Mr. Hager is opting for an all or primarily all Florida based league.

If Hager should step aside as he should and those three mentioned take control then the Florida team should be put out of the picture and only quality ownership's be considered.

On the up side for a couple, Sportsnut and Gusher, an all Texas league with less drama great for you guys! To me I would think that leaving the drama of the SIFL in your wake a big relief. Although Dittman drama can sometimes be pretty large itself lol

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 pm

I will take a good drama over a bad horror any day. But it is still fun to keep up with the comedy of the INDOOR LIFE.

Devil Dawg
Site Admin

Post by Devil Dawg » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Let me guess...too close to Frisco?[/quote]

Nothing to do with their location but I can't say what the real reason is. All I can say is it was the right decision not to include them in the league at this time. Perhaps in a year or two circumstances will be different.

trekker763
Site Admin

Post by trekker763 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:19 am

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]"lone star indoor football league". You have to admit....it does have a nice ring to it. Lol[/quote]
Trish,

The league is NOT going to be known as the "Lone Star Indoor Football League". It is going to be the "LONE STAR FOOTBALL LEAGUE (LSFL)." It is being called this so that there is no confusion between the Indoor Football League, and the Southern Indoor Football League.

trekker763
Site Admin

Post by trekker763 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 am

[quote=""jimsmith""]I would have to think all the indoor teams in texas[/quote]
Is this the same Jim Smith who used to own the Allen Wranglers?

Return to “SIFL”