Letter of Intent - 2012

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:03 pm

As an "educated" guess on the current team list fo the SIFL, I would tell you that it is currently a league of just one, the Florida Stingrays. The Master of Deception was made an offer, and evidently, he declined, so many teams are simply going a different direction in order to get the stability that they are looking for. When the list of teams is finally announced, I think that it will make sense to all fans, many of the recognizable franchises will be there, it just won't be called the SIFL.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 pm

This has been an enjoyable offseason so far.
What are you doing here?

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:13 pm

[quote=""preeths""]If true, this is a huge blow to the SIFL because it seems likely that Albany and Columbus will leave as well. Any indication if they're joining a new league or an existing one?[/quote]

If you are saying that SIFL = Tom Hager, then I agree, it is a huge blow to him. Now if you are saying a big blow to the teams or the fans, then I completely disagree, if a new league is formed with most of the member teams participating, the what does it matter whether the letters spell "ABC", "XYZ", or "SIFL"??? It will be the same league with a lot of the headaches removed, in my book, that is a huge step forward. The strength of the league has always been the stable teams, not the individuals the were attempting to run the asylum.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah, Paul is saying SIFL = Thom Hager. And given that he clearly hasn't given up his grip on the SIFL (it is a legal entity, so the letters do matter in this sense), it's a huge blow to the SIFL.

We are running out of names.

The core (Alabama/Columbus/Albany) is going to make for a strong regional league. While three teams really isn't enough, if they get further membership (Richmond's a little ways away), it can be done. If they do go their own route, that'd also be a small blow to the UIFL.
What are you doing here?

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:29 pm

[quote=""exit322""]
The core (Alabama/Columbus/Albany) is going to make for a strong regional league. While three teams really isn't enough, if they get further membership, it can be done.[/quote]

Expect far more teams than just the three core teams that you mention, so yes, they already have additional membership lined up, it will be at least six teams, and in all likelihood, it should settle out to be around twelve teams, that is, if the league comes together as I expect it to.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Okay, so sounds as if we're talking about a new league. Thus far it doesn't sound to be driven by one huge ego. That's something we haven't seen in awhile.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 pm

New league with largely established or recognized team names, possibly several new teams, but no Hager, and no Morris. What was it that Alka said to Seltzer, "plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!"
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:55 am

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:51 am

I read your blog, nice job and nice guess, but it will not be the IFL or the UIFL, both are too costly, besides, if these guys were truly after league stability, then why would they agree to join something else where the other guy is driving the bus, been there and done that, and that transit company was pretty lame.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:11 am

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]I read your blog, nice job and nice guess, but it will not be the IFL or the UIFL, both are too costly, besides, if these guys were truly after league stability, then why would they agree to join something else where the other guy is driving the bus, been there and done that, and that transit company was pretty lame.[/quote]

I can go along with much of what you have said, but please let's not compare the SIFL to the IFL or UIFL. Book may still be open on the UIFL with only one season, but clearly the IFL and SIFL are worlds apart in almost every department. I understand these teams may desire stability and feel they hold the key to it all, but others have used that line and failed. Get it up and running and in a couple years we'll just see if the goal reached.

Return to “SIFL”