Letter of Intent - 2012

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Letter of Intent - 2012

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 am

Can you confirm that your team has submitted a letter of intent for the 2012 SIFL season? Those fans that have renewed their season tickets, were you told what league your team would be playing in for 2012 season at the time you renewed your tickets? If not, you might ask the question of your front office.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:37 am

The reason that I ask this is that there appears to be only two reasonable outcomes to all of this mess.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Have you heard what the deadline is for returning teams to submit the LOI? What about new markets?

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:35 pm

My understanding is that the letter of intent is due for existing teams within a month (30 days) after the completion of the season which would mean that we are well past the magic date or deadline. Does anybody find it at all curious that you have seen no definitive press releases from existing teams that talk about how their team is on board for the 2012 SIFL season? There has to be way more to this story than currently meets the eye. :wink: :wink:

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 am

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]My understanding is that the letter of intent is due for existing teams within a month (30 days) after the completion of the season which would mean that we are well past the magic date or deadline. Does anybody find it at all curious that you have seen no definitive press releases from existing teams that talk about how their team is on board for the 2012 SIFL season? There has to be way more to this story than currently meets the eye. :wink: :wink: [/quote]

Although some disagree I believe teams still exploring options in light of the 2011 disaster the SIFL had. No matter deadlines I doubt the SIFL would say no, you missed the deadline should teams still uncommitted decide to stay with the league. Right now it would appear the SIFL is offering nothing to teams in the way of changes to get any back, but we maybe don't see what is happening behind the curtain.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:53 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Right now it would appear the SIFL is offering nothing to teams in the way of changes to get any back, but we maybe don't see what is happening behind the curtain.[/quote]

Your assumption is spot on, there is much going on behind the scenes, I can not comment on the specifics because I do not want to say something that turns out to be flat out wrong, therefore, I will only talk in generalities. The situation is very fluid, things seem to be changing week by week, if not day by day. Just think back to some of the clues that became known along the way since the end of the season, put in juxtaposition the "alliance" to the latest revelations coming out of Florida and the fan has to be thinking, "what the heck is going on"? But they are both clues. As I said several posts ago, in this thread, I see two logical outcomes for this mess, individuals are going to have make or will be forced to make a choice, once that occurs, the path forward will become much clearer.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:01 pm

I paid my $100 over the weekend to secure my favorite two seats, but I'm not spending any more money until the official league announcement comes this fall from the Richmond Raiders.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:45 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]Your assumption is spot on, there is much going on behind the scenes, I can not comment on the specifics because I do not want to say something that turns out to be flat out wrong, therefore, I will only talk in generalities. The situation is very fluid, things seem to be changing week by week, if not day by day. Just think back to some of the clues that became known along the way since the end of the season, put in juxtaposition the "alliance" to the latest revelations coming out of Florida and the fan has to be thinking, "what the heck is going on"? But they are both clues. As I said several posts ago, in this thread, I see two logical outcomes for this mess, individuals are going to have make or will be forced to make a choice, once that occurs, the path forward will become much clearer.[/quote]

I see Florida, especially the Stingrays as one more grasping at straws thing. Texas blocked by Dittman setting up shop says SIFL now has to look in other directions, but Florida has a history of being less than successful and this Stingray team doesn't look like they have any real; resources to get into the game. But Hager is from Florida and maybe since selling off the Bucs looking to relocate back to Florida where Tufford and Ryan both live. The glue to the SIFL right now consists only of Albany, Columbus, and Alabama. Pretty strong glue with those three. I don't count Richmond as I believe they are on to another league. In my opinion if Albany, Columbus and Alabama don't take control of the SIFL they are just stupid to stay on board.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:31 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]But Hager is from Florida and maybe since selling off the Bucs looking to relocate back to Florida where Tufford and Ryan both live.[/quote]

What the frak are you talking about, Jerry?
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:11 pm

[quote=""daytonadan""]What the frak are you talking about, Jerry?[/quote]

Do you and Tufford not reside in Florida? I know Hager lived there prior to Lake Charles.

Return to “SIFL”