Welcome the Florida Stingray's

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:00 pm

I would think a condition of playing in the arena and in the league would be IF they are VOTED into the league by the owners or whoever is in charge.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Will tell you this... I was told once that Tufford was given the rights for the Ft Myers Market in the SIFL, as he wanted to get a team up and running for the 2012 season... does that mean he formed this team, or sold the rights he was given, to this team (SCAM) for profit... i could not honestly tell you..... just know he was given the rights to the area
Changes.... they are a coming......

JayLawrence
Site Admin

Post by JayLawrence » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Once again, I hope the people posting negative information on here about the Florida Stingrays are doing so out of ignorance and not maliciousness. Either way, it classless and stupid. If the people who have nothing better to do than try to tear us down were really interested in the truth, a quick call to Artie McIntire at the Lee Civic Center would confirm we have signed an agreement with them and submitted dates to the SIFL. We have also submitted our LOI to the SIFL and will be submitting our application in a few weeks. We can't sign an official lease with the Civic Center until we have our home dates from the league. We have submitted 20+ possible dates to the SIFL already.

If ANYONE would like to ask questions, please feel free to call me, Jay Lawrence at 239-980-4397. I prefer to handle things like a man rather than hide behind an internet screen name.

never was
Site Admin

Post by never was » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Please remember: money, stability, insurance, building lease, educated ownership, capital to survive, etc. are NOT requirements to join the SIFL!

Just sayin...

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:10 am

[quote=""JayLawrence""]Once again, I hope the people posting negative information on here about the Florida Stingrays are doing so out of ignorance and not maliciousness. Either way, it classless and stupid. If the people who have nothing better to do than try to tear us down were really interested in the truth, a quick call to Artie McIntire at the Lee Civic Center would confirm we have signed an agreement with them and submitted dates to the SIFL. We have also submitted our LOI to the SIFL and will be submitting our application in a few weeks. We can't sign an official lease with the Civic Center until we have our home dates from the league. We have submitted 20+ possible dates to the SIFL already.

If ANYONE would like to ask questions, please feel free to call me, Jay Lawrence at 239-980-4397. I prefer to handle things like a man rather than hide behind an internet screen name.[/quote]

Sir, no one is doubting the fact that the Florida Stingrays have the desire to play football in 2012 and have evidently signed a letter of intent to play in the SIFL for next season. Any stupidity, ignorance, or maliciousness that any of us might have can be laid at the doorstep of the SIFL itself for the travesty that was the 2011 season. Your press release contained no comments or quotations from any SIFL league official welcoming your franchise to the league, that raise red flag number because we simply do not trust anything the league puts out. If your negotiated deal is with either Thom Hager or Gary Tufford, all I can say is "caveat emptor"! The fans of the SIFL were severely scorched by league management last season, to such a degree, that SIFL management has zero creditability with the fan, that is not being malicious, it is the plain cold truth sir.

JayLawrence
Site Admin

Post by JayLawrence » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 am

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]Sir, no one is doubting the fact that the Florida Stingrays have the desire to play football in 2012 and have evidently signed a letter of intent to play in the SIFL for next season. Any stupidity, ignorance, or maliciousness that any of us might have can be laid at the doorstep of the SIFL itself for the travesty that was the 2011 season. Your press release contained no comments or quotations from any SIFL league official welcoming your franchise to the league, that raise red flag number because we simply do not trust anything the league puts out. If your negotiated deal is with either Thom Hager or Gary Tufford, all I can say is "caveat emptor"! The fans of the SIFL were severely scorched by league management last season, to such a degree, that SIFL management has zero creditability with the fan, that is not being malicious, it is the plain cold truth sir.[/quote]

I understand if people are mad at the SIFL, but these attacks were directly aimed at the Florida Stingrays without reason. You said, "Your press release contained no comments or quotations from any SIFL league official welcoming your franchise to the league, that raise red flag number because we simply do not trust anything the league puts out." That makes no sense. The Stingrays put out the press release, not the SIFL. Why would they welcome us yet? We signed an LOI. We haven't joined the league. We still need to have out team approved.

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Jay
If approval is denied what are the plans for next season for the Stingrays?
The SIFL (Thom) has wanted to have a Florida division from the get go. Can you share what other Florida markets have been mentioned for expansion?

JayLawrence
Site Admin

Post by JayLawrence » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 pm

[quote=""Gusher""]Jay
If approval is denied what are the plans for next season for the Stingrays?
The SIFL (Thom) has wanted to have a Florida division from the get go. Can you share what other Florida markets have been mentioned for expansion?[/quote]

I'm really not worried about being denied. I did sign a confidentiality agreement with them not to disclose information from the information the SIFL has provided to me, but I can tell you the Owners Packet did mention several Florida markets.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:02 pm

[quote=""JayLawrence""]I'm really not worried about being denied. I did sign a confidentiality agreement with them not to disclose information from the information the SIFL has provided to me, but I can tell you the Owners Packet did mention several Florida markets.[/quote]

I think it important that a team be financially solid starting out, financial resources that don't mean relying on ticket sales and sponsorship's 100%. I also know that no team is under any obligation to tell fans what such resources are, but we can generally guess from those involved, their business background, etc. I have seen nothing in the Stingray organization that suggests their is any real money behind the team, so enlighten us some as to what resources there are are?

JayLawrence
Site Admin

Post by JayLawrence » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:28 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]I think it important that a team be financially solid starting out, financial resources that don't mean relying on ticket sales and sponsorship's 100%. I also know that no team is under any obligation to tell fans what such resources are, but we can generally guess from those involved, their business background, etc. I have seen nothing in the Stingray organization that suggests their is any real money behind the team, so enlighten us some as to what resources there are are?[/quote]

You're absolutely right. Ticket sales and sponsorship cannot be relied on 100%, but I think you're drastically underestimating the power of our business model. Once our board membership is finalized, it will be announced along with our new CEO. Stay tuned.

Return to “SIFL”