Full Steam Ahead

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
Gusher
Site Admin

Full Steam Ahead

Post by Gusher » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Looks like Albany is going to ride this wave as long as they can.
http://www.albanyherald.com/sports/head ... 65263.html

Sonds like changes are in the future. I would like to see more team/ owner involvement, and I think that was always part Thom's 3 year plan.

Now the Albany Columbus rilvary may have been kicked up a notch.
Speaking of rings, the Panthers won’t get theirs until the beginning of next season, but Carter says he doesn’t plan to hand them out in a ceremony in front of another team, like rival Columbus — the 2010 league champs — did in front of Albany during the pregame of their last regular-season meeting of the year.

“We’re working on a ring design now and we hope to have them by the start of next season,” Carter said. “But, no, we won’t do what Columbus did to us. We’ll have more class than that. That’s not the kind of operation we run.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:56 pm

And if they don't get issues resolved???????????????

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 pm

[quote=""Gusher""]“We’re working on a ring design now and we hope to have them by the start of next season,” Carter said. [/quote]

"We have three staff members working hard at the chuckie cheese to secure enough tickets to have the rings purchased by the fall. Most of our plan involves skee ball."

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:47 pm

[quote=""Hockey""]"...Most of our plan involves skee ball."[/quote]

Solid plan.
What are you doing here?

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:43 pm

[quote=""Hockey""]"We have three staff members working hard at the chuckie cheese to secure enough tickets to have the rings purchased by the fall. Most of our plan involves skee ball."[/quote]

I actually lol'd at this. Thank you for posting.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Here is my point or points. All I hear through my sources is the SIFL is broke, financially and desperately searching for investors. That's problem one and if investors not found are the remaining teams will to pony up the bucks to keep the league alive? Next we have a system that clearly has not worked. Hagers decisions based mostly on desperation in my opinion and not what is in the best interest of the league or its teams. Is he willing to give up control to any that might be able to fix the problems or is he just going to tell teams he'll fix it and they expected to believe him? Last, the SIFL has demonstrated over three years to not have any confident leadership and no reason to believe that will change anytime soon.

I think Albany is just talking, still weighing options. If they have already decided to stay SIFL without any of the above already fixed or given reasons to believe these things fixed they are not very smart and will get what they get, good or bad.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Does anyone know what the status is of the eastern teams. Rumor has it Morris is re-launching the AIFA, but it has been very quiet. What is BONDO going to do? Trenton already advertising season tickets for 2012 but no indication what league they will play in.I dont even think they have a league affiliation on their website except for 2011 sifl standings. I mean if you cant link or promote the league you own on your site, is it a sign? If the SIFL is in financial trouble, the AIFA is going to be starting off in the hole also. Are both of these ventures destined for failure. You know Morris isnt going to pony up big bucks or go after "big time" national sponsorship. He "owns" two teams already. He failed twice already at this. His teams are failing. One would have thought after all the speculation, Morris would have already flipped the switch when the SIFL season ended or is this just a ploy to see if there is any sucker willing to align themselves with him. Trenton is BONDO's team, should be interesting to see whjat this guy ill do. Cant see him staying in SIFL, which he himself was part of the problem as a league owner and failed merger. No talk of eastern expansion or are they going to play one another four times again. If all just seems a bit f'd up.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:16 pm

[quote=""Hockey""]"We have three staff members working hard at the chuckie cheese to secure enough tickets to have the rings purchased by the fall. Most of our plan involves skee ball."[/quote]LOL!!!!! Funny stuff.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:42 pm

[quote=""RevolutionX""]Does anyone know what the status is of the eastern teams. Rumor has it Morris is re-launching the AIFA, but it has been very quiet. What is BONDO going to do? Trenton already advertising season tickets for 2012 but no indication what league they will play in.I dont even think they have a league affiliation on their website except for 2011 sifl standings. I mean if you cant link or promote the league you own on your site, is it a sign? If the SIFL is in financial trouble, the AIFA is going to be starting off in the hole also. Are both of these ventures destined for failure. You know Morris isnt going to pony up big bucks or go after "big time" national sponsorship. He "owns" two teams already. He failed twice already at this. His teams are failing. One would have thought after all the speculation, Morris would have already flipped the switch when the SIFL season ended or is this just a ploy to see if there is any sucker willing to align themselves with him. Trenton is BONDO's team, should be interesting to see whjat this guy ill do. Cant see him staying in SIFL, which he himself was part of the problem as a league owner and failed merger. No talk of eastern expansion or are they going to play one another four times again. If all just seems a bit f'd up.[/quote]
Some good questions. I would love to know the whole truth to the SIFL ownership thing. I am not sure who the controling party is.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 pm

[quote=""Gusher""]Some good questions. I would love to know the whole truth to the SIFL ownership thing. I am not sure who the controling party is.[/quote]

Now that's funny Gusher since throughout most of this SIFL season there appeared to be nobody at the controls. I know rumored Bondo bought in and this rumor widely spread. Might be true, might not, but if not nobody from official SIFL sources have ever stepped up to deny it.

Return to “SIFL”