Will the SIFL survive?

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
RevolutionX
Site Admin

Will the SIFL survive?

Post by RevolutionX » Sun May 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Ok, is it fair to say the merger between John Morris's AIFA East and the SIFL has not gone as expected. A failure. The Mega league, with dillusions of becomming the next AFL2, is impoding before our eyes. AFL Commisioner KURTZ publically stated he wants noting to do with the SIFL. Two teams havent finished season and now it appears Richmond may be done. Harrisburg is all but done with what one game left in franchinse history. One league ownwed team even folded, or should i say used replacements. Teams using replacement semi-pro teams, teams folding and possibly four more teams., possibly more, leaving for other leagues, reports of rule changes to favor specific teams and lets just say the Mid Atlantic division is lead by Richmond, two games under .500. Erie, Harrisburg and Trenton in the SIFL, never was a match. Playing each team four times, ridiculous. This "expiriment" has back fired. Everything is failing. Teams would smart to run to the hills. Too bad Trenton cant leave. They put together a decent little season with two wins over Erie, but Bondo owns this train wreck. It will be interesting to see just how many teams are left standing. A frikin joke.

gatek99
Site Admin

Post by gatek99 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:07 pm

[quote=""RevolutionX""]Ok, is it fair to say the merger between John Morris's AIFA East and the SIFL has not gone as expected. A failure. The Mega league, with dillusions of becomming the next AFL2, is impoding before our eyes. AFL Commisioner KURTZ publically stated he wants noting to do with the SIFL. Two teams havent finished season and now it appears Richmond may be done. Harrisburg is all but done with what one game left in franchinse history. One league ownwed team even folded, or should i say used replacements. Teams using replacement semi-pro teams, teams folding and possibly four more teams., possibly more, leaving for other leagues, reports of rule changes to favor specific teams and lets just say the Mid Atlantic division is lead by Richmond, two games under .500. Erie, Harrisburg and Trenton in the SIFL, never was a match. Playing each team four times, ridiculous. This "expiriment" has back fired. Everything is failing. Teams would smart to run to the hills. Too bad Trenton cant leave. They put together a decent little season with two wins over Erie, but Bondo owns this train wreck. It will be interesting to see just how many teams are left standing. A frikin joke.[/quote]

what teams have said they are leaving for another league? and what league are they going to?

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Sun May 29, 2011 9:23 pm

"Because of that and other league issues, which include but aren’t limited to poor communication from the league office and spotty rule enforcement, Dittman said Friday he and his partners will look into moving the Magic, Corpus Christi Hammerheads, Houston Stallions and a potential expansion Laredo franchise out of the league for next season."

This came from message board thread Magic not happy with SIFL.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sun May 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Will the SIFL survive?

HOPE NOT!

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Tue May 31, 2011 4:33 am

I would expect all of the teams that were in the AIFA East to reformulate their old league once again, a reformulated AIFA East has to be a better situation for those teams than sticking with the SIFL with the current boobs running the show.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Tue May 31, 2011 2:26 pm

The AIFA should reformulate. Erie, Trenton, Richmond, New Jersey, Baltimore and another team, maybe in PA, MD, DE, WV? A 6 team league, with a 10 game regular season (home and home) and 2 rounds of playoffs (4 of 6 make it) would be rational for a start. keep the teams regionally close together for cheap travel costs.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

[quote=""NTE""]The AIFA should reformulate. Erie, Trenton, Richmond, New Jersey, Baltimore and another team, maybe in PA, MD, DE, WV? A 6 team league, with a 10 game regular season (home and home) and 2 rounds of playoffs (4 of 6 make it) would be rational for a start. keep the teams regionally close together for cheap travel costs.[/quote]

won't happen under morris

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Tue May 31, 2011 3:44 pm

[quote=""NTE""]The AIFA should reformulate. Erie, Trenton, Richmond, New Jersey, Baltimore and another team, maybe in PA, MD, DE, WV? A 6 team league, with a 10 game regular season (home and home) and 2 rounds of playoffs (4 of 6 make it) would be rational for a start. keep the teams regionally close together for cheap travel costs.[/quote]

Richmond Revolution may fold. The Richmond Raiders could then move to the IFL. Raider management knows John Morris very well...not sure how excited they would be work with him again.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue May 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Three posts up I think poster talks about a small regional league, revamped AIFA East. I said not under Morris. What I meant is Morris doesn't believe in small or regional, would quickly branch out with under capitalized teams like he did the first go round.

I believe the Revolution will indeed fold and the SIFL Raiders take their place in the IFL. I don't believe that Erie is financially able to join the IFL and may be forced to look at the CIFL if it continues or the UIFL. Either couldn't be any worse than the SIFL.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Tue May 31, 2011 4:52 pm

Where does Baltimore fit in with any of this? Baltimore is the best market out of all of them I would think.

Return to “SIFL”