Fayetteville Folds

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
buqlldobgs
Site Admin

Post by buqlldobgs » Mon May 23, 2011 4:48 pm

[quote=""Gusher""]Not saying that the league does not have it's share of rut rows but I don't think you could pin the Wildcatters choice not to field a team because of out rageous WC insurance benift premiums on the league.[/quote]

The whole Wildcatters thing is a joke. How can anyone seriously believe that crap when the team existed for TWO YEARS before this? They had to have known what WC insurance premiums were. And IF WC insurance premiums were the chief reason they got out, then why wait to fold on opening weekend? Again, they had to have already known what these premiums were going to cost, so it should not have come as a surprise to that organization.

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Mon May 23, 2011 6:13 pm

I don't know anything on the reasons other than what the Wildcatters have stated. If what they say is true than it could be they were negotiating all the way up to the deadline thinking they can make a better deal.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 pm

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]This is really sad. When Baltimore gets a team next season, i'm wondering if the SIFL is a good fit for us....[/quote]

Uhm, that would be a resounding "NO", the SIFL is a terrible fit for all teams, wait for the AIFA East to reformulate, the way the SIFL has imploded, you should not have to wait long, the AIFA East will be back before you know it.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Mon May 23, 2011 9:47 pm

I bet the League DID know the Force thing was coming down the pipe. just an opinion, but we will never know... the League still hasn't Officially addressed Lafayette Wildcatters situation, or Mobile Bay, You would think that would have been taken care of by now, and it will before a Fayetteville Force announcement happens.... I guess the Commish is just perfectly crafting the words that will represent him when it comes to published text... sorry that was the funniest statement i think i ever heard come out of a persons mouth, with them being serious as all hell.....
Changes.... they are a coming......

mel3476
Site Admin

Post by mel3476 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:24 pm

So just who did Erie play on Saturday night? I can't imagine a replacement team going all the way from Fayetteville to Erie, just to get a pounding like they did, right?

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Tue May 24, 2011 1:58 am

[quote=""mel3476""]So just who did Erie play on Saturday night? I can't imagine a replacement team going all the way from Fayetteville to Erie, just to get a pounding like they did, right?[/quote]

OK here it goes...

The team that traveled to Erie was the DMV Hitmen, only wearing Fayetteville Force uniforms. The DMV stands for DC, Maryland and Virginia. DB Chuck Thompson is working to put the whole thing together, but its my understanding that John Morris is the owner. This team will play out of Baltimore in 2012 and will replace the Baltimore Mariners. My money is on the Hitmen being part of the UIFL or AIFA East next year.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue May 24, 2011 2:29 am

[quote=""coachingubigr""]OK here it goes...

The team that traveled to Erie was the DMV Hitmen, only wearing Fayetteville Force uniforms. The DMV stands for DC, Maryland and Virginia. DB Chuck Thompson is working to put the whole thing together, but its my understanding that John Morris is the owner. This team will play out of Baltimore in 2012 and will replace the Baltimore Mariners. My money is on the Hitmen being part of the UIFL or AIFA East next year.[/quote]

Bingo, somebody finally said it, Morris new owner in Fayetteville and relocating team to Baltimore next season. Fayetteville and Baltimore fans ought to both cry at this news.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Tue May 24, 2011 3:14 am

New to this board but not a youg'n..

This whole SIFL is a pile of BS. I'm already lobbying for Erie to move to the IFL. I Think and Hope the SIFL is gone for next yr. How can anyone enjoy a
138 - 0 game? I'm embarrashed for my city that the Erie owners got bamboozled into joining

Sh*tty-Ish Football League.

atx
Site Admin

Post by atx » Tue May 24, 2011 3:28 am

[quote=""coachingubigr""]OK here it goes...

The team that traveled to Erie was the DMV Hitmen, only wearing Fayetteville Force uniforms. The DMV stands for DC, Maryland and Virginia. DB Chuck Thompson is working to put the whole thing together, but its my understanding that John Morris is the owner. This team will play out of Baltimore in 2012 and will replace the Baltimore Mariners. My money is on the Hitmen being part of the UIFL or AIFA East next year.[/quote]

So who will be playing at Carolina this week?

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Tue May 24, 2011 4:21 am

I sure hope Carolina is one of them.lol

Return to “SIFL”