Is Lake Charles Bitter?

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Is Lake Charles Bitter?

Post by Minor League Mania » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:52 pm

I saw the league press release that came before the 88-32 by the mighty Columbus Lions over the Louisiana Swashbucklers. The release refered the two teams as mirror images of each other. Looks like the Swashbucklers should take another look in the mirror. Columbus is by far the best team in the league on and off the field. I think this speaks to the competition that Columbus has faced in the last couple of years starting out with the WIFL then the AIFA. They were some good teams like the Mudcats, Speed, Colts/Spartans, Phantoms and Titans amoung more. Although the AIFA has really dropped off the map lately, they had some really good teams. I hope in future years maybe some of those teams can pop back up somewhere. I think this years battle will be for 2nd place.
Last edited by Minor League Mania on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mace
Site Admin

Post by mace » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:20 pm

I am not real sure where you got bitter from a "League" press release, but that might be the furthest thing from the truth. Nothing in the press release was bitter, it was actually giving props to the Columbus team while still highlighting the Bucs. See the coolest part of the whole deal that you didn't seem to read is that, Matthew Hester wrote the article, and last time that I checked and I could be wrong, he isn't affiliated with the BUCS just the SIFL. So it sounds like you and your version of this article is "sadly mistaken". I will say that the Lions gave us all we wanted and that is something that I have never seen happen to the Bucs, so with that being said congrats. But please don't try to start up controversy over an article... There is a reason why we haven't lost a game in our house in over 4 years. So, buckle up and get ready for a season... I promise you that what you saw Saturday night was a fluke... you aren't that good!!

BUCKLE UP!!

GregB
Site Admin

Post by GregB » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:54 pm

[quote=""mace""]I am not real sure where you got bitter from a "League" press release, but that might be the furthest thing from the truth. Nothing in the press release was bitter, it was actually giving props to the Columbus team while still highlighting the Bucs. See the coolest part of the whole deal that you didn't seem to read is that, Matthew Hester wrote the article, and last time that I checked and I could be wrong, he isn't affiliated with the BUCS just the SIFL. So it sounds like you and your version of this article is "sadly mistaken". I will say that the Lions gave us all we wanted and that is something that I have never seen happen to the Bucs, so with that being said congrats. But please don't try to start up controversy over an article... There is a reason why we haven't lost a game in our house in over 4 years. So, buckle up and get ready for a season... I promise you that what you saw Saturday night was a fluke... you aren't that good!!

BUCKLE UP!![/quote]

While the Lions did struggle a little on offense, the Bucs looked awful in all 3 phases. #17 Knight was the only player out there playing solid football (he was a cool guy, too, he was having fun with the Lions fans). Almost every snap was over the head of the QB (2 of those resulted in safeties). The bucs did not have a kicker (no XP attempted, the kick offs were all squib kicks that when about 25 yards). Maybe they just had an off-night, but it looks like they have a lot of work to do.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Sorry Mace, a last second fieldgoal, or a hail mary pass may be considered a fluke. A 55 point thrashing, no matter where the game is played, is NOT a fluke.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

dagr8_1_4ever
Site Admin

Post by dagr8_1_4ever » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:54 pm

I thought it was a well written article. It compared two teams that have both been successful with Lake Charles having a few more banners in their rafters. It did a good job of compare and contrast two teams that hadn't met in the past and on paper it appeared it would be a great match-up. Although when the teams finally hit the field the Lions showed that the tougher schedules in past years have made them a better team because of it.

Did not having their kicker hurt last night, SURE!
But is a kicker worth 55 points a game, I DON'T THINK SO.

Hopefully, when Albany starts this week we will see a league that will be fairly equal in competition. I personally don't think Columbus will go undefeated but they have definitely set themselves up as the head of the class for now.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:50 pm

I am aware that Mathew wrote the article and I am not saying anything bad about the article. I thought it was a well written article as all of his stuff is. It did hype the game as the clash of the 2 best teams in the league. What I am saying is that Columbus proved that they are indeed the better team by far and in my opinion it has to do with previous competition and also some good off-season moves. Lake Charles is known as bieng a team that talks a good game. I heard some stories about how they were over confident that they would own the league in 2010. Even started predicting final scores for there opponents.They might have got put back in there place a little. I do think they will finish 2nd however. Good teams, good fans, and good arena. Just not better than the Lions.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 pm

[quote=""mace""] See the coolest part of the whole deal that you didn't seem to read is that, Matthew Hester wrote the article, and last time that I checked and I could be wrong, he isn't affiliated with the BUCS just the SIFL.[/quote]
?? There's a difference ??
[quote=""sportznut""]Caballo--- I am in NO WAY AFFILIATED with the Louisiana Swashbucklers and a im quite offended that you of all people would make that statement![/quote]
Rob, is the above post what you're refering to?

I didn't see your name there? I've always supported you and spoke highly of you.

Yes, you work for the SIFL, as does Hester. It's been said Hester also works for the Lions.

My post was about the `Bucs and the SIFL, a tongue and cheek chuckle, not sure why you felt it was about you.

Does the `Bucs owner have anything to do with the SIFL? Isn't he the one that put it all together? From day one hasn't most wondered about a conflict of interest? Heck, I even defended that. Didin't he list the team for sale on CRAIGS LIST?

If we can't chuckle over the most powerful man in the SIFL owning the only pre-existing team in the league last season than some of you need a vacation to chilax.
Last edited by Caballo Diablo on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 pm

For the record, Matt Hester is the league MR guy, and serves in the same capacity for the COLUMBUS LIONS.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

mace
Site Admin

Post by mace » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 am

No... I agree the BUCS got lashed... in the last statement of my message I said, they got taken to the woodshed. But, the starting center didn't even make the trip due to previous obligations. Our kicker got rolled up on in the game against the crush... so I have NO FREAKING CLUE what we are going to do without him. But you will find that this is a top notch organization, irregardless of what DiaBLOW tells everyone. Dude... your team is in another league getting beat up on there... stay in your own forum if you are going to be condescending. That is not what has won us 3 back to back to back Championships, nor will that win us another. I applaud the Columbus Lions for beating them like that... maybe it will awaken the beast... ask the TurfKittens about what happens, or maybe we have passed our glory days... BUT I DONT THINK SO!!!

BUCKLE UP!!

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:38 am

Caballo--- I am in NO WAY AFFILIATED with the Louisiana Swashbucklers and a im quite offended that you of all people would make that statement!
Changes.... they are a coming......

Return to “SIFL”