Wow.....

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
Johnny8242
Site Admin

Wow.....

Post by Johnny8242 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Shaking my head already. The Houston team is not even going to play this year. I wish the Force would have stayed in the AIFL.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:13 am

5 solid teams that week in and week out will be knocking each others heads off.... I will take that! Really should be an interesting run.
Changes.... they are a coming......

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 am

Happy B-day Rob
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

realitycheck
Site Admin

Post by realitycheck » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Knocking each other's head off? Didn't Columbus just wipe the turf with Greenville in an exhibition contest 63-6? (Kind of hard to tell, since the article on the league site talks all about the Lions and very little about Greenville. Guess that's what happens when the Lions PR director is the league PR director.)

We know Columbus and Lake Charles will be ready. Fourcade will have Lafayette ready to compete, though I think they'll end up #3. It's way too early to say "solid" about the other two, especially Greenville...

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:55 pm

[quote=""realitycheck""]Knocking each other's head off? Didn't Columbus just wipe the turf with Greenville in an exhibition contest 63-6? [/quote]

I'd say somebody got their head knocked off in that game! :rolleyes:

houstonhungry
Site Admin

For real

Post by houstonhungry » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Gentlemen if you go back a few months ago I told you the Houston team would never get off the ground - plus I stated that it would be some one else fault and not the owner. Look at the facts they stated they never sold a single ticket, or advertising block???? if you where truly planning fielding a team shouldn't that had been done that by now- What arena pulled out at the last minute?? we only have 2-3 places to play here, I talked with someo ne from reliant and they and no intentions of fielding the team- there was a inquiry but never an agreement. check it out. Kicks where they played( tried )last year wants nothing to do with them at all. when you have a egomaniacal person with no truth behind him that disrespects everyone, this is what you get- My homie used to work for the guy and gave me the scoop, no need to give my friends name- I am not scared for my friend, i am more concerned if you approach him about that guy -LOL. Why doesn't the league ask some hard questions and stop letting smoke get blown up! 2 years in a row
C'MON MAN!

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:49 am

Rather than a season, this is shaping up as a round robin tournament at best. I have to wonder if they'll even finish. It's kinda sad.
If integrity is missing, so are you.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:09 pm

I think we have to give credit to the league operators for keeping up with the thoughts of the fans on the boards. I do expect some positive and sugar coated comments but the fact of the matter is, in a 6 month span the SIFL has went from being one of the most promising independent leagues in sports to really having to settle for just simply playing this year. This is not much different then what happened this year with the AIFA. I think the only difference with those guys is that they already have a formula set to fail with the long travel and bad choices if locations and arenas. I still think the SIFL model can be successful in the long run but this year was a setback. Would be nice to see cities like Macon, Mobile, Tallahassee, Birmingham, Florence, Augusta, Rome, plus gain maybe the Speed and Guard from the AIFA. I guess I am already looking to the potential of 2011. Maybe by then teams will realize that constant web content on sites, mentions in local papers and on local TV and Radio stations will go a long way. I truly believe the Columbus Lions run on of the most all around successful independent organizations in the country & every team can learn from them. Kudos to themfo webcasting games, selling out games, and a ton of season tickets. Heres to a competitive 2010.

Return to “SIFL”