Houston team

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
realitycheck
Site Admin

LOTS of info there...

Post by realitycheck » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:02 pm

[quote=""HoustonLightning""]http://www.lightningprofootball.com[/quote]And like everything else with the SIFL... almost all of the pages are "Coming Soon". When are people going to realize that launching a team website with everything "coming soon" looks a lot worse (for not just the team, but the league overall) than not launching the site?

No tryouts. No arena info (save for a pic of Reliant). Photos from 2009 for a team that didn't even exist. It's all Coming Soon!!

HoustonLightning
Site Admin

Post by HoustonLightning » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:02 am

Hey, I was just giving out a web address. I have nothing to do with its content. I think someone needs a nap. :)

dagr8_1_4ever
Site Admin

Post by dagr8_1_4ever » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:28 am

I think he was pointing out a big problem with the league and its image.
In less than an hour one can have one of these cookie cutter websites full of useful information that one could use to show off their team and league as professional and worthy of $10 to $20 bucks for a ticket when the season begins.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Texas Pirates revamped???

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:30 am

What I get from the site is that this is the same Texas Pirates team that could not make it though the 2009 season back for another try. They were a low budget team in 2009 and look to be again with the recycled Lincoln Lightning logo.
Not good. :(

That's my first impression from the site.

dagr8_1_4ever
Site Admin

Post by dagr8_1_4ever » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:58 am

One would think that the league would require a team that didn't finish last season to put up some kind of financial bond in case they do fold again to make sure the other teams don't suffer.

Of course it would look like a leauge would require that of all new members as well would put up some kind of security bond in case they can't complete the season. Thus making sure teams are serious and teams will be played for performing.

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:32 am

I'm happy to see Bryan Blake coming back to Houston as a head coach. I liked working with Bryan when I was a compliance officer with the Copperheads (the season before I assumed media responsibility). Really liked Coach Biles too. If they secure a good arena to play in I'll have to check them out.
If integrity is missing, so are you.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:07 pm

They're probably going to have to change that logo. I doubt they can just take the Lincoln Lightning's old one.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:01 pm

[quote=""Big Easy""]I'm happy to see Bryan Blake coming back to Houston as a head coach. I liked working with Bryan when I was a compliance officer with the Copperheads (the season before I assumed media responsibility). Really liked Coach Biles too. If they secure a good arena to play in I'll have to check them out.[/quote]

Had the privilege of meeting Ed Biles, as well. The former Houston Oilers Head Coach, had some great stories about Joe Namath, when he was an assistant with the Jets.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:11 pm

This is not the Texas Pirates Org. The Previous Ownership group of the Texas Pirates will NOT be assoiciated with our League. Thank You
Changes.... they are a coming......

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:11 pm

This is not the Texas Pirates Org. The Previous Ownership group of the Texas Pirates will NOT be associated with our League. Thank You
Changes.... they are a coming......

Return to “SIFL”