Houston team

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
arenafan
Site Admin

travel

Post by arenafan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:14 pm

[quote=""realitycheck""]I hear Kicks is available... anyone? Bueller?

phydeaux is right. My prediction - these guys won't play another down... and if they do, Terry Williams is obviously looking to take a loss for his taxes.

So where does that leave the western group of teams? With the travel-blowout-of-the-week and the Turfcats taken away, that leaves 4 teams. The only two that are on solid ground at this point are Lake Charles and Lafayette... Houma is a burned market after Franklin's antics, and the Hurricanes are looking for a place to make landfall. Not to mention the "Crusaders" or whatever they might be called... IF they make a go of it at all.

Sure hope everybody has some extra room in their budgets... I smell cross-division road trips, at least one... how's Lake Charles to Columbus looking?[/quote]

Columbus went to Harrisburg (14 hours) Baltimore (12 hours) and Fayetteville 2 times (7.5 hours) so a trip or two to lake charles is still saving them money on travel.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 pm

Not saying there will or will not be any cross division games, what i will say, if that is what the owners want, then that is what i will build.
Changes.... they are a coming......

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 pm

[quote=""Buttmonkey""]The berry center was a great venue but no beer was no good![/quote]

Both the Berry Center and Merrill Center are beautiful facilities and were great for indoor football. Their only drawbacks were the lack of beer sales and the astronomical rental fees.

The only other facility in Houston that would be suitable for indoor/arena football at this level is Reliant Arena. They do sell beer. However, as of about two years ago when I looked into it, the base rent alone was $11,000 per night and good luck getting a cut of the concessions. Plus, with no media coverage whatsoever, I can't see a franchise in the SIFL, or any league for that matter, surviving longterm in Houston.

The only thing Houstonians care about are the Rockets, Texans, Dynamo, and maybe the Aeros. And even those are a hard sell.
Last edited by phydeaux72 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 pm

[quote=""phydeaux72""]The only thing Houstonians care about are the Rockets, Texans, Dynamo, and maybe the Aeros. And even those are a hard sell.[/quote]

You mean there's no support for the Astros? (Or UH or Rice sports?)
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:51 am

[quote=""Minor League Man""]You mean there's no support for the Astros? (Or UH or Rice sports?)[/quote]

Yeah, them too.

Disco
Site Admin

Post by Disco » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:39 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]Well, I can tell you this. And I speak from experience. After owning a minor league sports franchise in the Houston market, I have no desire to ever put another franchise in that market. The market is too big and too major league minded for minor league sports. After doing a little research, which is what I should have done before going there in the first place, I've found that with the exception of the Houston Aeros, minor league sports franchises have rarely, if ever, survived in the greater Houston market. And the only reason I believe that the Aeros have survived there this long is becuase there is no other hockey alternative in the Houston market.

But that's just from my experience.[/quote]

Your problem was NOT the Houston market, that is just a cop-out for failing....try having beer sales....now thats an idea...DUHHHH, nuff said. Last time i checked there were more Swashbucklers fans at your games the Ruff Rider fans, of course that is when we were running the scoredboard up in the 80's... :::giggling::: god that was so much fun, player of the week everytime we visited Katy was a nice finishing touch as well.
ITS GO TIME!!!

expressfb
Site Admin

Post by expressfb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:48 pm

is the guy/guys who owned the texas pirates, now starting the team in tyler called the Texas Rose?

Marlins
Site Admin

Post by Marlins » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:34 am

[quote=""expressfb""]is the guy/guys who owned the texas pirates, now starting the team in tyler called the Texas Rose?[/quote]

Yes, James Germany was formally one of the owners of the Texas Pirates and will now be one of two owners for the Texas Rose in Tyler.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:42 am

Can anybody give some information on the Houston Lightning team that's supposedly starting SIFL play in 2010?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

HoustonLightning
Site Admin

Houston Lightning Website Info

Post by HoustonLightning » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:59 am

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Can anybody give some information on the Houston Lightning team that's supposedly starting SIFL play in 2010?[/quote]

http://www.lightningprofootball.com

Return to “SIFL”