SIFL a failure so far?

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

SIFL a failure so far?

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:18 pm

No schedule. No news on about four of the teams, with the Turfcats being the only team to make any significant efforts it looks like. The league website is kept rather unupdated. Even if this league isn't starting until April, it's past time to get some stuff done...

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Calling it a "failure" is certainly going too far, but they'll need to get some things done in the next few weeks, that's for sure.

MR34
Site Admin

Very Disappointed

Post by MR34 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:34 pm

I must say that I am also very disappointed in how the league is progressing along. The Turfcats seem to be very active but none of the other teams are. This includes the actual league itself, static webpage for a long time and no news from the flagship team either. If the season starts in April, in my opinion, they are past due on getting this thing going.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:01 pm

I've also been frustrated that the league itself and the other teams haven't been visible. Since the Swashbucklers are an exisitng team and their owner basically started the league I would have thought their front office, PR and marketing dept. would already be in place and hit the ground running

I know the Austin team is working hard to put things together and are planning a fan get together soon and their ticket sales are on line.

The league will only be as strong as it's weakest links so I hope the rest of the teams step up soon!

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:10 pm

I'll accept the bulk of the responsibility for a lack of information ... I've spent most of December relocating, setting up a new household and settling in to becoming a grandfather in a few months.

I advise anyone to NEVER, EVER think about planning a move during December. A logistical and financial cluster*** to be sure.

We'll be ramping up a few weeks with the good stuff and not just fluff.

Thanx for your interest in the SIFL.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:15 am

Thank you for your concern!

The schedule is being worked on, I can assure you of that! Other Leagues that start earlier then we will, released their schedules in early December. We had a mid January deadline for schedule and i see no reason this will not be met.

As a League, we are right on schedule on where we need to be. All teams have staff and Head Coaches in place. Teams have had tryouts and some are scheduling second tryouts.

As far as lack of information, it is coming! Tough to go up against NCAA Bowl Season and NFL Playoff time, that is what is fresh on peoples mind. Believe me, you are going to get your fill of the SIFL!!

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

I agree with Paul on this one.

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:47 am

Way to early to call any league a failure. It would be nice to see some info on the other teams, but isn't that how we fans feel every off season. We need info everyday or we start to get the shakes.

But we all know the sooner teams get going the better their chances are of doing well.

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:25 pm

With NCAA Bowl season over and the end of the month approaching, still no schedule.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Schedule is awaiting owners approval, and will be back to me today.. keep your eyes open for tomorrow.
Changes.... they are a coming......

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:04 pm

It ain't how you start, it's how you finish, Cody.

All this pre-season gabbing don't amount to a hill of beans in July
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Return to “SIFL”