Austin turfcats

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
trifecta
Site Admin

Post by trifecta » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Once again, Caballo is combative.

I gave a positive response to a VERY GOOD article in the local paper just this week yet when I comment on the RIDICULOUS amount of post season awards you want to slam me.

I could not care less about what you think of me. I know you consider yourself the Grand Puba of the SIFL...The exhalted one....The Ayatolah of the indoor game... the Super Fan of THREE leagues....the man whose opinion is the only one that matters...the guy who tells me to get a life yet is the one who has THOUSANDS of posts on MANY different boards....

I just love when you respond in a multi-tiered post....

Now let's get back to the awards

Austin has just received the following 10 post season awards:

1. Best Texas team that played all of its home games as scheduled

2. Best Tailgate parties

3. Best Nachos

4. Best Beer

5. Best Souvenir stand

6. Best Parking attendant

7. Cleanest bathrooms in the SIFL

8. Best Webcast

9. #1 in Season ticket sales West of Houston

10. Best Fan Base located in a county that starts with TRA and ends with VIS

This brings the total award count to 359 which is sure to grow next week when the SIFL will release the tabulated results in the following areas:

1. Best Trash cans

2. Best Team mascot

3. Best national anthem

4. Best 2nd team Tackle

5. Best Assistant Coach

Who loves you Caballo!!

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:18 pm

And of course, don't forget the award we gave out for "Best negative comment from a poster who never bought a ticket and hides behinds an anonymous message board ID" ... I think that one covered all the bases.

Trifecta and indoor fan have somewhat of an argument when it comes to the size of the league in proportion to the number of awards presented.

I respectfully beg to differ, though. As a professional, I believe in showing appreciation and recognition to those who contributed to a successful endeavor above and beyond the call.

Thanx to all those who helped out the SIFL in 2009.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Trifecta.

Not a bad post. One of your better ones.

However, you got your facts wrongs. Houma had the best beer...

[quote=""trifecta""]Once again, Caballo is combative.

I gave a positive response to a VERY GOOD article in the local paper just this week yet when I comment on the RIDICULOUS amount of post season awards you want to slam me.

I could not care less about what you think of me. I know you consider yourself the Grand Puba of the SIFL...The exhalted one....The Ayatolah of the indoor game... the Super Fan of THREE leagues....the man whose opinion is the only one that matters...the guy who tells me to get a life yet is the one who has THOUSANDS of posts on MANY different boards....

I just love when you respond in a multi-tiered post....

Now let's get back to the awards

Austin has just received the following 10 post season awards:

1. Best Texas team that played all of its home games as scheduled

2. Best Tailgate parties

3. Best Nachos

4. Best Beer

5. Best Souvenir stand

6. Best Parking attendant

7. Cleanest bathrooms in the SIFL

8. Best Webcast

9. #1 in Season ticket sales West of Houston

10. Best Fan Base located in a county that starts with TRA and ends with VIS

This brings the total award count to 359 which is sure to grow next week when the SIFL will release the tabulated results in the following areas:

1. Best Trash cans

2. Best Team mascot

3. Best national anthem

4. Best 2nd team Tackle

5. Best Assistant Coach

Who loves you Caballo!![/quote]
Former Hall Monitor
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"

trifecta
Site Admin

Post by trifecta » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks for the award Daytona.

Keep passing them out...

Now I am wondering if someone in the SIFL Executive office owns a Trophy shop. This could be the Haliburton of the Indoor game.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:56 pm

[quote=""daytonadan""]Trifecta.

Not a bad post. One of your better ones.

However, you got your facts wrongs. Houma had the best beer...[/quote]
he hasn't been paying attention, the Houma Conquerors Kof the Crawfish table also won the fan group/tailgaters of the year

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:27 pm

[quote=""trifecta""]Thanks for the award Daytona.

Keep passing them out...

Now I am wondering if someone in the SIFL Executive office owns a Trophy shop. This could be the Haliburton of the Indoor game.[/quote]

Heh Heh. Trophy Shop. Heh Heh.

No, Trifecta, we're done. But thank you for your suggestions.

And again, thank you for providing me the opportunity to practice calculating my words in response to your repetitious opines so I don't go Obama when it really matters.

I must say your ability to say the same thing over and over again was marginally substantial. I look forward to reading your further comments and perhaps the opportunity to converse as adults rather than some anonymous message board ID.
Former Hall Monitor

trifecta
Site Admin

Post by trifecta » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Go Obama????

What does that mean?

trifecta
Site Admin

Post by trifecta » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:55 pm

What do you mean by "Go Obama"

Daytona, You sure you want to go down that road?

As opposed to our last "Brilliant" President's list of boneheaded statements:

Some of my favorites from W

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." --Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006

"As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured." --on the No Child Left Behind Act, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2007

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." --Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

If you meant to imply that "Go Obama" meant to speak without thinking.....Then I definitely would prefer to "Go Obama" than "Going Bush"

trifecta
Site Admin

Post by trifecta » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Sorry to go off topic but your injection of political satire failed miserably and had to be addressed.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Straight from President Obama, my friend Trifecta...

http://newledger.com/2009/07/obama-apol ... t-comment/

Today, Obama said that he could have calculated his words “differently” during his statement about the incident, however he continues to believe that both Crowley and Gates over-reacted. He also apparently invited the officer to the White House for a beer with the Professor.

No slam on President Obama meant. No miserable fail.
Last edited by daytonadan on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add
Former Hall Monitor

Return to “SIFL”