Wave Looking to move to PASL

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
preeths
Site Admin

Wave Looking to move to PASL

Post by preeths » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:11 pm

Here's the Wave's statement:
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4757968

Anyone notice which team isn't included in the list of those joining the PASL?

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:17 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Here's the Wave's statement:
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4757968

Anyone notice which team isn't included in the list of those joining the PASL?[/quote]

Apparently "Missouri" is going to rebrand as "Kansas City" next year...other than that, Andrew Haines is going to be left stranded on his own island...something a lot of us feel should've been done a long time ago.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:43 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Apparently Andrew Haines is going to be left stranded on his own island...something a lot of us feel should've been done a long time ago.[/quote]

...or heaven help us. He buys (or takes) the MISL name and starts another AIFL, MAHL, GPBL, UIFL, UBL or X-League concept.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:07 pm

I should've saw this coming from a mile away.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:16 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Apparently "Missouri" is going to rebrand as "Kansas City" next year...other than that, Andrew Haines is going to be left stranded on his own island...something a lot of us feel should've been done a long time ago.[/quote]so, wait a second.....

You're saying that St. Louis & Pennsylvania couldn't leave the MISL even if they wanted to?

On to a brighter note, we Blast fans look forward to rekindling our i-83 rivalry with the Harrisburg Heat!!! To the PASL we go!
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Actually with all the changes (defections) in the MISL, some things about the Wichita Wings departure are starting to make sense. The Wings owner could afford any reasonable losses (the guy spent more than $10 million on his own arena). When the team folded, there were some statements made from the management about dissatisfaction with the MISL-USL management.
The B-52s owner (who is also the GM) is a guy in his late 20s or early 30s who worked in sales with several pro sports organizations and with a bowl game. I have no evidence, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out he was fronting for the actual owners.
But with this three-year MISL requirement, that might have been the Wings out to the PASL a year early. I was also told, the Wings' name couldn't be used for x number of years (probably three), so the new team was rebranded (with the same color scheme as the old one).

Return to “MISL”