Baltimore Blast owner Ed Hale pushing for merger of indoor soccer leagues

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:02 am

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]Between now and the start of next season, this "mess" will be interesting! I'm really excited about the idea of the Blast possibly joining the PASL.[/quote]

I've seen a couple MISL 3.0 games and I've seen a couple of PASL games. It's a mixed bag. There are some good teams with good venues. Then there are some semi-pro teams in indoor soccer facilities without much seating. The US Open Arena cup is a good idea, but in the later rounds when they started making regular-season games count as cup games, that defeats the purpose of the cup (and it was supposed to give teams the chance for extra home dates in an otherwise 16-game season).

Pay is a lot less than MISL was (and that's been steadily going down in both leagues for a while). MISL is slightly higher level of play, but not by too much (Teams like San Diego and Dallas could compete very well in the MISL).

The more outdoor pro soccer I watch (and I'm hoping to see some this summer), the less I'm enthused about the indoor game.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:45 pm

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]Between now and the start of next season, this "mess" will be interesting! I'm really excited about the idea of the Blast possibly joining the PASL.[/quote]

Oh yeah?

//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=17940

"Albequerque was wrong in saying "The PASL is a more stable league!" What he should've said was "The MISL's attendance requirements are too high and their teams are too competitively......financially."

In layman's terms , what he probably meant to say was "The MISL would probably mop the floor with us in that league, so to make sure we stay afloat financially, let's join the 'weaker' league!!"

LOL!!!"

My how times have changed. LOL.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:25 am

^^yeah, my heart for the PASL has changed. I can't really explain why; just because...
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:25 pm

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]^^yeah, my heart for the PASL has changed. I can't really explain why; just because...[/quote]

Pretty obvious, really.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Return to “MISL”