2013-14 misl season thread

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
cardshopmd
Site Admin

Post by cardshopmd » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 pm

[quote=""jmel92501""]neutral site games

see if any interest like out here in the western us

if not then seriously consider changing the league name to 'american indoor soccer league'[/quote]

the aisl failed and is still oned by steve paxos if i remember correctly .i do like the idea of nuteral sites but its a big expence for road trips

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:41 pm

[quote=""jmel92501""]neutral site games

see if any interest like out here in the western us

if not then seriously consider changing the league name to 'american indoor soccer league'[/quote]

I agree except for changing the name. This league has been changed around so much.. Not that long ago it was the NISL, then the MISL, then the MISL under the USL umbrella. I think it just hurts the league.

What I want to see is a team playing in the Showplace Arena, which is just outside of D.C. and about an hour from the Blast. It is a 5K seat arena and the best part is it's just like the arena the old Harrisburg Heat used to play in, it has no other competition/teams playing in it and unlike the old Heat's arena, it has concrete floor.

jmel92501
Site Admin

the misl is a misnomer...

Post by jmel92501 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:02 am

the league need to have some franchises in the pacific and/or mountain time zone area.

cardshopmd
Site Admin

Post by cardshopmd » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:47 am

This is what is going on with the league . The MISL and the PASL has set a merger deadline of July 1st a deal must be completed before midnight if not we will play under our league names and rules for 1 more year . I have been told that they are close to a deal .

If the deal goes through we will play under the MISL Name , Go By Pasl Rules and budgets .

I honestly dont think they can get it done in time and if they cant the next big question is going to be will the misl even play with 6 teams

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:13 pm

So basically we are going to have the same thing as last year... league domination by the Blast, Comets, Wave.. just the league is going to be triple its size.

Count me out unless the Blast ticket prices drop to PASL standards. You can't have teams like the Blast and Wave charging $20-30 bucks when teams like Harrisburg are charging $5-$10

cardshopmd
Site Admin

Post by cardshopmd » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:42 pm

from whai am hearing the merger will get shot down . the reason blast ticets are so high is because the arena charges $15,000.00 a game for rent

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:56 pm

[quote=""cardshopmd""]from whai am hearing the merger will get shot down . the reason blast ticets are so high is because the arena charges $15,000.00 a game for rent[/quote]

Ticket prices are not set by team expenses. Like anything else, they are set by what the seller believes the market will bear.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:08 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Ticket prices are not set by team expenses. Like anything else, they are set by what the seller believes the market will bear.[/quote]

Yeah, but try charging $30 for a bench spot in Tacoma Indoor Soccer Center.

PASL has some "arenas" that are of very rec quality. Let's call it a "facility credibility factor" working within the ticket pricing equation.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:50 am

[quote=""Pounder""]Yeah, but try charging $30 for a bench spot in Tacoma Indoor Soccer Center.[/quote]

My point exactly: the market won't bear that. The market might bear $30 for a club seat in a nice new arena. But it's not the expense of the team that determines that.

If ticket prices tracked just player salary inflation, no one could afford to go to games.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:48 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]My point exactly: the market won't bear that. The market might bear $30 for a club seat in a nice new arena. But it's not the expense of the team that determines that.

If ticket prices tracked just player salary inflation, no one could afford to go to games.[/quote]
Leonard Smalls wrote:"Price. A fair price. That's not what you say it is, and it's not what I say it is... It's what the market will bear. Now there's people - and I know 'em - who'll pay a lot more than $25,000 for a healthy baby. Why, I myself fetched $30,000 on the black market. And that was in 1954 dollars."
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Return to “MISL”