Baltimore Blast: 7 Time World Champion

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

[quote=""jpsesq""]Correction. The Blast is one of the most storied franchises in North American indoor soccer history. The most storied is the San Diego Sockers.[/quote]

They "were" is the keyword. Too bad they aren't around anymore. At least the Blast are still playing.

Gotta love how the Milwaukee facebook page is dead silent. The season prior all the fans were trash talking after the game like they were the ones playing. At least they have news with Sue Black running the team now. Can't believe she bought it... she must be a major sucker (like all indoor soccer owners are).

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:22 am

Here we go again.

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:54 am

[quote=""wasteland""]Here we go again.[/quote]

What do you mean? Its a fact. The ten time world champion Sockers havent set foot on the field in 17 years. Actually quite a few years after there demise, there was a reincarnation of them, but that version only did alright. Surley you cant compare/place the Sockers which play in the rec league today with the original Sockers. That version may be the most storied franchise ever. But please dont include the garage league PASL version in its history. Its just dishraceful at best.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:38 pm

[quote=""BlastFan""]Can't believe she bought it... she must be a major sucker (like all indoor soccer owners are).[/quote]

The Wichita owner is selling the team after two years. (Attendance took a 33% dive this season).

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Wait a minute, there's a logic issue here.

So if a team is in the PASL, they don't exist.

Yet if they join the league you're in, they're suckers.

Why do you hate the Blast?

(The whole point here is, if you want to support your team, you're pretty much required to have opposing teams. If you want a league with yourselves, well, this being a family board, modesty dictates I not describe what kind of play that is.)
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:19 am

[quote=""Pounder""]Wait a minute, there's a logic issue here.

So if a team is in the PASL, they don't exist.

Yet if they join the league you're in, they're suckers.

Why do you hate the Blast?

(The whole point here is, if you want to support your team, you're pretty much required to have opposing teams. If you want a league with yourselves, well, this being a family board, modesty dictates I not describe what kind of play that is.)[/quote]

I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

As per me, I LOVE indoor soccer. I just think any owner that invests in the sport is a sucker. It's never made any money (with the exception of Ed Hale, but even then you have to look at their whole history and see how much they made). The sport itself is great and in my opinion more fun to watch than hockey. Economically, it's not so great if your the one that owns the team...

As per the Sockers, the original team that won 10 championships is the most franchised team ever in indoor soccer. Yes, I admit that. And yes, there is a Sockers team that plays now and exists in the PASL and usually wins the championship every year. But you can't compare the new Sockers to the original ones, though it would be interesting to see how the newest team would fare in the MISL today.
Last edited by BlastFan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:34 am

You're assuming alot. In the end you have 2 semi pro leagues, and PASL with 19 teams is more of a national league than the MISL and its what, 7 teams? i really don't think the top teams in either league has a talent advantage.

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:16 am

[quote=""wasteland""]You're assuming alot. In the end you have 2 semi pro leagues, and PASL with 19 teams is more of a national league than the MISL and its what, 7 teams? i really don't think the top teams in either league has a talent advantage.[/quote]

Really? I find it interesting that the Wave take on a PASL team before the start of every season and they CRUSH them everytime. They also are using their second or third string of players. In one instance, they used a goalie for half the game that hadnt played pro soccer at all before.

Id like to see any PASL team take on the Blast. I don't assume a lot, i watch videos of both leagues play. The Blast, by far, out of any indoor soccer team get players with the best footwork. They also have a good overall team defense. I doubt if a PASL team were to play them that they would get over five minutes of complete ball control in the whole game.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Mon May 06, 2013 4:39 pm

BlastFan, there's no need to trying and defend ANYTHING about our Blast. Our RINGS says all!!!!!!!
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

cardshopmd
Site Admin

Post by cardshopmd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:02 pm

[quote=""wasteland""]hey thanks for the links, still just local to that area. That Hales article is interesting, check out the comments. The one posted by Lewis Melcher sure sounds alot like someone here.[/quote]

Wasteland trust me I am not soccerman that's for sure I have been away from the boards because I was running the Baltimore blast game day photos facebook page and doing all the photos at the game .

https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreBlastGameDayPhotos I have photos up of every single game this year

Return to “MISL”