MISL Season?

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 pm

When a MISL game is played and no media covers it, did it really happen?

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 pm

[quote=""tops804""]Part of my point. As I really wish the MISL would stop trying to open doors, when they know another brick wall is behind them. If they want to move into the region (which would be nice with Milwaukee in the fold), I wish they'd push for a franchise in a smaller market (Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio???).

Obviously, hard to do as there may not be any takers in those cities with the pockets to float a team and see how it does; and if other investors or sponsors are willing to hop on board.[/quote]

Brings me to another point.

Smaller cities are usually more meat-&-potatoes type towns. Boise, right there. Interest in indoor soccer, HA!

You get to big cities on the coasts, it's another matter... but they're watching outdoor. If you want to know why the Pacific Northwest draws for MLS, I'd argue that it's the sheer number of young people that move here for the lifestyle. The old farts generally don't get the sport. That's a dynamic you have to work with in this sport in general.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]
The USL need to step up and do a better job of bringing in teams. Great markets like Dallas, San Diego, Harrisburg and Detroit will in time, fail in the PASL-Pro. It's time that the USL acquire the stronger teams and merge them with the MISL and re-organize the weaker teams into a minor league feeder system.[/quote]

After they fix the officiating that ruined your day?

Dallas and San Diego will do just fine in the PASL, genius. Harrisburg is no guarantee because it's a small market and a bankrupt city and they're not particularly well-financed (at least by their local owners). But besides the fact that you can predict any indoor team will eventually go under and be right most of the time, based on history, you have no other reason for this prediction.

You're the guy who said the NISL was going to bring indoor back to its glory days, that all these Western teams were going to come into the MISL ("You heard it here first!" You said.), and on and on and on.

You are wrong about everything. I know it doesn't matter, because you claim you are right even after you are proven wrong.

Dallas and San Diego are smart enough to know that a move to the MISL - especially to appease you - wouldn't make financial sense for them. You can act as if it's as simple as USL saying, "C'mon you guys, PLEASE?"
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

jmel92501
Site Admin

only way that san diego comes to play in the misl...

Post by jmel92501 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:52 pm

find a couple of cities in pacific and or mountain time zone

otherwise its just too cost prohibited to play in the misl

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:46 pm

The MISL has already adjusted their schedule so that it doesn't really conflict with, get this, USL and NASL schedules. That's your player pool. (BTW, NEVER AGAIN HAVE A "MISL IS MAJOR LEAGUE" ARGUMENT WITH THAT PLAYER POOL.)

If there's really going to be any further MISL growth, it's going to have to be done by trying to grab the same cities that are already playing USL ball and, basically, giving lads 12-month playing contracts. Even then, it's a risky proposition.

People are building outdoor stadia for lower level teams in this country, now. See San Antonio. See Pittsburgh. Watch Orlando try to get MLS (even though New York 2 is almost ordained). There can be no talk of expanding any indoor league without having an understanding of what your player pool is doing and what they want to do.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Mon May 06, 2013 4:46 pm

I remember hearing last year that the St. Louis Steamers are trying to be resurrected. I hope this is still true....

As for San Diego & Dallas, we don't want 'em.........lol

As for Harrisburg (which would be great, considering they're only 1 1/2 hours away), they probably couldn't afford the standards of the MISL standards...
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Return to “MISL”