Why is the MISL on OurSportsCentral?

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 am

[quote=""SignGuyDino""]Major League Eating. I only mention it because I am a bastard.[/quote]

I know you're being funny but:

There's no league there.
Anyone and his brother can join enter and participate in any of the "contests" or "tournaments."

You could have at least said "BBQ Pitmasters."
At least they have "teams" you can follow and get to know...

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Major League Roller Hockey

and my favorite...

http://majorleaguedreidel.com/

Dave
Last edited by dmbishop on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:26 pm

While I came across Major League Quidditch, those websites were disappointing. However...

http://www.internationalquidditch.org/

Bringing Muggle Quidditch to a park near you.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Hey, some Major League Roller Derby "underground" teams can draw a pretty nice crowd. But I know absolutely nothing about the league itself.

Dreidel - once again, a tournament/ contest type event in which anyone and his brother can join.

Quidditch - know absolutely nothing about it except it's a collegiate league.

Come on now, you can be funny, but the MISL is still a major league, whether it has the following of the big leagues or not.

---

You'd have quite a surprise. I know a TON of people who are Blast supporters, or at least recognize the logo when I wear it out and about. And I live an hour plus away from the arena. Heck, I live in a D.C. suburb, not even a Baltimore one.

Suffusive to say, you can add the support/following of ALL those leagues you mentioned and it comes nowhere near the following/recognizability of the MISL.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 pm

The fact that you tried to straight-answer these is telling in itself. It's not the way (and this is not the place) to sell it.

Puppet Show
MISL
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

cardshopmd
Site Admin

Post by cardshopmd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:19 pm

[quote=""robster2001""]The obvious reason that this forum is always dead is that, frankly, nobody cares enough about the USL's MISL to bother posting about it.

Indoor soccer fills the same niche as indoor football -- the one where you ask "has anyone ever demonstrated a viable business plan"?

In a country where MLS is a niche sport, the current MISL is a niche within a niche. It's simply not a viable sport anymore. It was when the NASL had torched outdoor soccer to the point that the only place for US soccer fans was the old MISL... but the current MISL has no such opening. Soccer fans are watching MLS (or European and South American soccer on TV). They're not watching the current MISL. And they're certainly not posting about it.[/quote]

This forum is dead just like mislfans.net is dead because everyone hangs out on the bigsoccer forums because no one wants to argue with soccerman anymore lets not forget most of us are on facebook and twitter so we chat there now

Return to “MISL”