Instant Replay in the MISL: Special Commentary

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.

Should the MISL employ the use of instant replay

Poll ended at Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:09 am

The MISL should use instant replay / coaches challenges
50%
The MISL should use a video judge; much like the NHL
No votes
The MISL should not use instant replay of any kind
50%

Total votes: 2

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:43 pm

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]As a fan of the MISL, I strongly disliked only one team more than the Wisconsin Team, and that was the San Diego Sockers.[/quote]

Both, perpetual winners. Your hardly a charter member of a class who "dislike(s)" them. It's common in any team sport.
The MISL enjoys the blood rivalry between the Blast and Team Wisconsin. It will also enjoy the renewed hatred between Wichita and Kansas City. For any league to survive, it needs meaningful rivalries. So for the Surviving MISL teams, the rivalries are in place.
Blood? Hatred? This isn't the NFL, Raiders/Cowboys, Browns/Steelers. It's simply more intense because they are both in the same region. The only "blood" that the MISL will really see is when an owner donates some to meet payroll.
Hopefully, the I-League teams can add to this. Maybe Rochester and Syracuse can form a rivalry. As for Norfolk, they are close to Baltimore and maybe can form a match up with the Blast.
Hopefully? Maybe? Fine words. As in "hopefully", the girls in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue will come knocking on my door and say they've been looking for me their entire lives. "Maybe", I will find a million dollars someday. Give it up...They will only form a rivalry, if they stay in the league long enough to do so...
The above being said, I won't apologize for my dislike of Wisconsin's soccer team.
Nor will anyone lose any sleep because you don't.
Love it or not, the MISL needs more passionate rivalries. That was part of the selling point of the old days.
No it wasn't. Cable television and suburban sprawling were.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:17 am

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]For any league to survive, it needs meaningful rivalries.[/quote]

Name for me a meaningful WNBA rivalry, please.

Name for me a meaningful Major League Lacrosse rivalry, please.

Name for me a meaningful Arena Football League rivalry, please.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Soccer-Man
Site Admin

Post by Soccer-Man » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 pm

It took a while for it to happen. And yes, I will take the credit for pushing this ideal along, but apparently, there is instant replay in the MISL; at least on a limited bases. It was highlighted during the Wave/Comets game. And as I said earlier, it was very easy and cheap to do. The games are being taped for streaming, and that feed will do just fine. It appears that it's only for post-season use, but at least it's a start.

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:29 pm

You don't get credit. You didn't do ****. You have no influence. You're a schmuck.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:27 pm

I await your report on how little or how much has been done to improve MISL officiating based on whether or not the Blast wins or loses the championship series.

Return to “MISL”