Baltimore is infact the oldest indoor team!

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
Soccer-Man
Site Admin

Post by Soccer-Man » Sun May 29, 2011 6:00 pm

[quote=""robster2001""]It's Baltimore. What else do they have to cheer for?

* Their baseball team is run by a tightwad megalomaniac.
* Their football team was stolen from Cleveland*.
* Their basketball team has been in Washington for decades.
* They couldn't support minor-league hockey.

It's the Blast or Johns Hopkins lacrosse, really.

:D

*Yes, I know Indianapolis (actually, Jim Irsay) stole Baltimore's team. But two wrongs still make a wrong.[/quote]

It's evident they you don't know much about BALTIMORE sports (maybe sports in general, but I digress)!!!!!!

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Sun May 29, 2011 7:13 pm

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]It's evident they you don't know much about BALTIMORE sports (maybe sports in general, but I digress)!!!!!![/quote]

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=18199

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sun May 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Some just like to ignore all the actual facts that don't back up their own ill-formed, groundless opinions. We can continue re-hashing your factual inaccuracies, or you can simply refer to the actual research found in this thread:
//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=18442

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun May 29, 2011 8:51 pm

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]Yes, the *Milwaukee Wave are the 2010-11 MISL Champions. I truly believe that the sports world can clearly see who the *Wave really are..........and how they won the coveted MISL title.[/quote]

1) As if "the sports world" gives a darn about the MISL
2) as if the MISL title is "coveted"
3) as if the Blast didn't win the title the exact same way a few years ago without a peep from you.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun May 29, 2011 8:53 pm

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]BlastFan, what a privilege it is to finally communicate with someone who actually does fantastic research, on such a controversial topic.[/quote]

The rest of us did research, too. You simply choose to ignore it.

It is cool that you two completely different people managed to find each other, though. Cough cough.
My good friend, take a bow because you just put the final nail in this coffin. I have tried for years to right the wrong that the *Milwaukee Wave were the oldest active professional soccer team in the nation. They have propetuated this lie to a niave public, knowing that the BALTIMORE BLAST were indeed king of this throne.
Your team lost. You know that, right? Your team lost. And nobody gives a rat's behind who's older except you and your buddy.
It is also refreshing that *Milwaukee Wave Owner, Jim Lindenberg has chimed in to tell the truth on this matter. The *Wave folded in 2009; even if it was only for a week, they folded. That's it folks.
What do you have against reality? Seriously.

The Blast folded, too. Lindenberg will admit it, but you won't. What's the difference there, exactly?

The Baltimore Blast ceased to exist in 1992. Period. Full stop.

The second franchise then re-taking the Blast name and Ed Hale buying them does not close the loop on that. It doesn't. You're a moron.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:26 am

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]It's evident they you don't know much about BALTIMORE sports (maybe sports in general, but I digress)!!!!!![/quote]

Which point was I wrong about?

The Orioles are run by Peter Angelos. Nuff said.
The Ravens were the Cleveland Browns for 40+ years.
The Washington Wizards were once the Baltimore Bullets.
Do the words "Baltimore Skipjacks" mean anything to you?

And I'll add that 1st Mariner Arena may only avoid the title "Worst Arena In The Mid-Atlantic" only because they haven't blown up the Richmond Coliseum. Yet.

You and your alter-ego are, frankly, frightening. You're fixated on the Blast in a way that Chris Hansen might find creepy. I strongly suggest you find a hobby to distract you from your hobby. :)

In the meantime... if a one-week furlough means a team folded, how many NFL teams are folding this month?

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 am

The Wave aren't completely lying, they have had the same name for a longer period of time (haha). But what's interesting is they've claimed home to quite a few arenas throughout their "ever-lasting continuous operation."

Also, how many years do they consider professional? I mean it wasn't until the 90's the two teams met in the highest pro indoor league. Until then it was sub-par for the Wave. The Blast are the only ones to be in all 3 MISL's... Do I even dare mention the traveling circus act the Wave were part of in the XSL?
Last edited by BlastFan on Mon May 30, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Mon May 30, 2011 3:58 am

Baltimore Blast/Spirit: Same top league level, same arena, same staff/coaches/players, different name

Milwaukee Wave: Various league levels, different arenas, same staff/coaches/players, same name *most recent to shutdown for a period of time.*

Who's older? Any fool could tell (except for the unpaid intern who writes the articles for the Wave.)
Last edited by BlastFan on Mon May 30, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon May 30, 2011 1:14 pm

You really don't want to understand this, do you, BlastFan?

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon May 30, 2011 3:14 pm

[quote=""BlastFan""]The Wave aren't completely lying, they have had the same name for a longer period of time (haha). But what's interesting is they've claimed home to quite a few arenas throughout their "ever-lasting continuous operation." [/quote]

Because the great sports city of Baltimore hasn't built a new arena in 50 years. I believe the Wave have played in three buildings.
Also, how many years do they consider professional? I mean it wasn't until the 90's the two teams met in the highest pro indoor league. Until then it was sub-par for the Wave.
Because, of course, the party don't start 'til the Blast walk in. Just keep parsing until you get the result you want, the one that will make you feel better about yourself.
The Blast are the only ones to be in all 3 MISL's... Do I even dare mention the traveling circus act the Wave were part of in the XSL?
Do I even dare mention the NPSL Baltimore joined in 1992...the one that already had Milwaukee in it?

Return to “MISL”