Wichita Wings announce new coach and logo

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
grgrcr88
Site Admin

Wichita Wings announce new coach and logo

Post by grgrcr88 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:39 am

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4204647

Congrats to LeBaron Hollimon for becoming the first head coach of the new Wichita Wings!! Lebaron is a great guy and has done spectacular things with youth soccer in Wichita. I am sure that will translate to the next level as well. Good luck to you LB!!

[ATTACH]211[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed May 18, 2011 12:47 am

[quote=""grgrcr88""]//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4204647

Congrats to LeBaron Hollimon for becoming the first head coach of the new Wichita Wings!! Lebaron is a great guy and has done spectacular things with youth soccer in Wichita. I am sure that will translate to the next level as well. Good luck to you LB!!

[ATTACH]211[/ATTACH][/quote]

In a way, he's not the first head coach, since the new team owner had to reach an agreement with previous owners to use the name (read: buy the rights to use the name). So in essence, he bought what was left of the old franchise. It turned out, the trademarks weren't completely abandoned, which is usually what happens. It might be parsing things a little thin, but at least there's some continuity, even after 10 years.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed May 18, 2011 5:27 pm

That's parsing things way thin, especially given grgrcr88 said "the first head coach of the new Wichita Wings."

If a human can be declared legally dead, I think we can give up on this romantic notion of a team that hasn't played in ten years to be reborn and that there's some level of continuity there just by virtue of a name.

If Holliman isn't the first coach of the new Wings, who's been coaching them since Kevin Kewley in 2001? The guy who the new owner had to buy the trademarks from (who, oh, by the freaking way, registered them two days after the press conference to announce the team) hasn't been paying Kewley for 10 years. That guy didn't know or care about the freaking Wings.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru » Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm

What a great logo. Thank GOD!!!! I was afraid it would be that cartoon airplane shooting soccer balls. I actually had nightmares of it. The original logo would have been fine in my opinion, but this is really good.
________
RufousSexyGrl
Last edited by logoguru on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

grgrcr88
Site Admin

Post by grgrcr88 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:13 am

The Wings season opener is Thursday, good luck to the boys. I can't wait!!

As to the guy who had the rights to the Wings name. He bought it from the city of Wichita some time ago and has started a youth club in the Wichita area called the Wichits Wings.

Return to “MISL”