Why The Chicago Riot Will Fail: Special Commentary

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
Soccer-Man
Site Admin

Post by Soccer-Man » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 pm

[quote=""CorA""]Chicago was named #1 Sports City in the USA 3 times http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2779742, ... 06.article
Ranked 4th in Best Fans: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4761 ... es#page/48

Chicago is able to passionately support 2 MLB baseball teams, an NBA basketball team, an NHL hockey team, a NFL football team, a MLS soccer team, and several minor league teams (Wolves are among the top of the AHL in attendance and are on TV, Single-A Cougars baseball, the Slaughter IFL team won the fan base award in 2010http://www.goifl.com/media/newsarchive/index.h ... le_id=2589, and the Rush (AFL) do very well in attendance).
http://www.chicagotraveler.com/chicago_sports.htm
Does this change your mind because there is more?

What about Chicago doesn't make it a sports town?[/quote]

Point is CorA, you can make up anything to prove whatever point your trying to make; such as Chicago was named #1 sports city.....etc, etc, etc.

What does it mean when a city the size of Chicago only (and barely) supports the big 4 leagues. And the NHL, the White Sox and to some degree the Bulls only get fully supported when they win. We've already been over this.

A city the size of Chicago has failed arenas such as the Sears Center (brand new), The UIC Pavilion (fully renovated), All State Arena. This is sad. We have seen NLL, MISL1, MISL2, NPSL, AFL teams all fail. A city the size of Chicago WILL NOT support mid-level professional sports.

You can take offense to what I'm saying and quote bogus claims to how great that city is, but the facts never lie. Therefore, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

SHAME

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:51 pm

The Wolves? The Cougars? You also just can't ignore facts to make your point.

CorA
Site Admin

Post by CorA » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:46 am

Soccerman: I wasn't making up points, I even gave links. As you said, we have been over the Rush, too. Again, they didn't fail, the league did. Second, the Sears Centre was failing because of its ownership. Now they have new ownership and are showing improvements. The Slaughter remain at the top of their league (IFL) in attendance. You can look at the stats on goifl.com for proof. As for the NHL Blackhawks, good luck if you want to find good tickets. They started selling well before they won the Stanley Cup. I don't know where you find your stats for the Big Four but Chicago can greatly support their teams. What is your point about the Allstate Arena and UIC Pavillion? I gave FACTS, not my opinion and the only one lying is you. I am done with this argument, it is stupid. I won't argue with someone who makes false statements and cannot admit he is wrong. Stop avoiding facts and calling them my opinion :mad:

YOU ARE A SHAME!!!

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm

[quote=""Soccer-Man""] the Bulls only get fully supported when they win. [/quote]

Posted today on fox sports top 10 list of the NBA's best fans:

Despite being one of the few teams that can rival the Knicks for worst of the past decade honors, the Bulls are peerless when it comes to packing the stands. Chicago has finished outside the top five in total attendance only once since 2001 and has sat first or second eight times during that span. Simply put, Bulls fans stood by their team well before Derrick Rose was on his way to an MVP award, and earn our nod for best fans in the NBA

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 pm

[quote=""CorA""]Second, the Sears Centre was failing because of its ownership. [/quote]

I find it hard to consider that a Chicago arena anyways, it's closer to Rockford than downtown.

Soccer-Man
Site Admin

Post by Soccer-Man » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:31 am

[quote=""preeths""]The Wolves? The Cougars? You also just can't ignore facts to make your point.[/quote]

Actually, from what I have gathered (just rumors at this point), Chicago may still be in the plans. I will leave it at that for now.

Nevertheless, I still thank Chicago is bad for indoor soccer and hopefully, the USL agrees.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Soccer-Man
Site Admin

Post by Soccer-Man » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]Actually, from what I have gathered (just rumors at this point), Chicago may still be in the plans. I will leave it at that for now.

Nevertheless, I still thank Chicago is bad for indoor soccer and hopefully, the USL agrees.

TO BE CONTINUED...[/quote]

By now you have all heard of the continued debacle of another team in Chicago. No secret here as I was all over this story months ago.

Special Commentary coming soon...

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:04 pm

I know the standards of journalism have slipped a bit over the years, but when, exactly, did alluding to rumors become synonymous with being "all over this story months ago?"

You're a fraud. You're an idiot. You don't know a thing.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:34 am

So....why weren't you "all over" the story of Chicago actually not playing this year, Mr. Investigative Journalist?

Of course, you'll either claim you knew but were waiting to see if, indeed, it played out that way before you said anything, and in the next breath you'll claim you actually did report it and you'll take credit for a scoop and blah blah blah blah.

You're a poser.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Sam was dead-on with this. The Chicago Kick couldn't secure a venue, so they won't be playing this year, either...
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Return to “MISL”