Why The Chicago Riot Will Fail: Special Commentary

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Forum.
Soccer-Man
Site Admin

Post by Soccer-Man » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:13 am

Same song. Same ole Chicago. The MISL will never learn. Chicago is not a sports town, let alone one that will support indoor soccer.

This domino, when it falls will drop on the Miwaukee Wave. This could spell the end of the MISL.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 am

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]Chicago is not a sports town, let alone one that will support indoor soccer.[/quote]

I want some of the stuff you're smoking dude. Not a sports town??? Da Bears, Da Bulls, Da Cubs, Da Sox, Da Blackhawks (or Da Hawks in local parlance), Da Fire.
No they don't support indoor soccer because all of the Chicago teams in indoor soccer history have been pretty mickey mouse organizations.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 am

[quote=""Soccer-Man""]Chicago is not a sports town, let alone one that will support indoor soccer. [/quote]

Do we really need to have this conversation again? The one you got your ass handed to you on last time?

Again, idiot. You're so unbelievably stupid, it's incredible.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Do we really need to have this conversation again? The one you got your ass handed to you on last time?

Again, idiot. You're so unbelievably stupid, it's incredible.[/quote]

I agree with you 100% on this one Sam. He is crazy.

Chicago has two MLB teams (only other cities that do are LA and NYC) and they have the Chicago Bulls, which may I add, my favorite basketball team. Not to mention the soccer team and hockey team (which Baltimore doesn't have).
Last edited by BlastFan on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlastFan
Site Admin

Post by BlastFan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Chicago is not a sports town, let alone one that will support indoor soccer.
Maybe that's why, if they get a owner like Lindenberg or Hale, they will (finally) establish a good team there. I don't think Baltimore is that much of a sports town... maybe that's why the Blast do so well there... (And btw, unlike Baltimore, they have a MLS team, so they obviously have an interest in soccer.)

Soccer-Man
Site Admin

Post by Soccer-Man » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Look, my words are the truth. The City of Chicago will support the big 4 leagues, especially if those teams are winning. It wasn't that long ago that the white Sox played in empty Commiskey Park (both old and new). It wasn't that long ago that the Blackhawks played in empty United Center. I remember the Bulls playing in empty Chicago Stadium. The Bears and Cubs have had constant support. The smaller leagues are NOT supported at all. Therefore, Chicago supports 2 teams.

I hold Chicago to a higher level because it's the third most populous city in America. No excuses need apply.

SHAME

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:25 am

Do you realize how many well-supported minor league baseball teams play in the Chicago area? What about the Chicago Wolves, one of the best draws in the American Hockey League? Didn't we go through all this with you not long ago?

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:14 am

If Ed Hale was the pioneer who could truly grow the game, he'd have taken over the league- or formed a new one- LONG ago.

I don't think there are other owners like Lindenberg or Hale out there, because indoor soccer (in a "major" capacity) has run its course, and no good owner truly motivated to improving the biz is going there.

Just an aside, folks in the soccer community are often very leery of each other. Sometimes, people invent leagues to show off their own teams. I could argue the WPSL was like that, but ballooned when it stopped being a Sacramento lovefest. If I'm wrong about about owners not being interested, the next possibility is that wannabe owners think Hale is trying to bring them in as a prop while Baltimore benefits. Sometimes you have to share the wealth, so to speak.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “MISL”