Hartford City FC joins MASL

The Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) forum
Fran
Site Admin

Hartford City FC joins MASL

Post by Fran » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Older story a press conference is scheduled for this morning.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-hartfo ... story.html

Indoor soccer is coming to Hartford.

Hartford City FC will play in what is now called the Major Arena Soccer League starting in November.

Eddie Davidson, general manager of the team, said Wednesday that the club has a letter of approval to play in the league and is in negotiations to have its home games at the XL Center. He said those negotiations should be complete in four to six weeks. Chris Lawrence, general manager of the XL Center, said he could not comment at this time on the negotiations.

There would be 20 regular-season games, 10 at home. Davidson, who was general manager of the Connecticut Wolves soccer club in 2002, said an official announcement is coming soon. He also said there would be open tryouts, likely in August, but would not disclose what players make.

"Indoor soccer is a different game," Davidson said. "You're looking for players who are quick in short distances, creative in tight spaces."

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, joined the league earlier this month. There were 24 teams in the league last season, including franchises in Syracuse and Rochester.

Davidson also is trying to get Hartford City FC into an outdoor league in 2016.

Evad
Site Admin

Post by Evad » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:06 pm

This is cool.

The only thing I ask is that they don't name it "The Whalers" or any form or kind of that animal, and that the colors are not blue and green.

I'M SICK OF THOSE TWO THINGS AND CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!

Is there no creativity in the Nutmeg State? Come on people move on from the past...You don't have an NHL team anymore...So stop trying to resurrect it by using the same name and colors over and over and over. OK I'm done.

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:31 pm

It actually is Hartford City FC.

Here is the logo.

https://www.facebook.com/MASLsoccer/pho ... =1&theater

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:42 pm

[quote=""Fran""]
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, joined the league earlier this month. There were 24 teams in the league last season, including franchises in Syracuse and Rochester.[/quote]

Actually 23, and now Rochester is apparently gone and they added another team in Mexico. I think somebody folded during the season last year, didn't they? And there was that drama in Seattle.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Return to “MASL”