Indiana Blizzard

The All American Hockey League (AAHL) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Indiana Blizzard

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:45 am

It may take awhile to adjust to the name since Northwest Indiana is part of the Chicago market, but I don't think I'll ever adjust to the Blizzard's logo. Too plain in comparison to the old Chi-Town Shooters logo.

Crowd size seems to be about the same as the Shooters' crowds, but ticket prices are $7 for adults instead of $10. I was fine with $10, but I'm sure the Blizzard has their reasons for lowering ticket prices. November 27, 2010 home game vs. Lapeer Loggers.
Blizzard celebrating a win over the Loggers in a five minute overtime period.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:56 pm

...and a lot of the Blizzard players looked like former Chi-Town Shooters players, which would make a lot of sense. Of course, my powers of observation could be a little off.

btincher38
Site Admin

Indiana Blizzard

Post by btincher38 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Just saw on the AAHL website that the two Indiana games this weekend have been cancelled. I hope it is due to the weather and not something else.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Tonights game definitely was....

//www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4127078

The Blizzard have proven to be a pretty tough bird in this league. Hopefully,
the off the ice distractions won't deter them from finishing out the season.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 pm

[quote=""tops804""]Tonights game definitely was....

//www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4127078

The Blizzard have proven to be a pretty tough bird in this league. Hopefully,
the off the ice distractions won't deter them from finishing out the season.[/quote]

I love the term "off ice distractions". Running a hockey team on 14 cents and a van your cousin lent you is a "distraction".

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:12 am

[quote=""btincher38""]Just saw on the AAHL website that the two Indiana games this weekend have been cancelled. I hope it is due to the weather and not something else.[/quote]

This same blizzard (no pun intended) is also affecting the NFL, Snow strands Giants in Kansas City.
A huge blizzard has socked the Minneapolis area, closing all airport runways, pulling Metro buses in and even delaying snowplow service as if Saturday afternoon because conditions are so dangerous. Among those people who are affected by the Minneapolis airport closure is the Giants team, who tried to get to the Twin Cities before the worst of the storm hit. That didn't happen, and the team's flight was diverted to Kansas City.
It's only raining here in Northwest Indiana, but the temperature is expected to drop and the rain may freeze. Only 1 to 2 inches of snow is expected, but wind gusts will be over 40 mph. That can be a nasty combination...and no telling what Battle Creek has to deal with.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:12 am

[quote=""Hockey""]I love the term "off ice distractions". Running a hockey team on 14 cents and a van your cousin lent you is a "distraction".[/quote]

A bug on the windshield compared to what we went through out here near Wooster.

Actually, I'm still in awe of how the Blizzard were able to make it through last season
and still have the will to return for more.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:15 am

[quote=""tops804""]A bug on the windshield compared to what we went through out here near Wooster.

Actually, I'm still in awe of how the Blizzard were able to make it through last season
and still have the will to return for more.[/quote]

Are you MAHL alumni? I was the preseason GM of the Valley Forge Freedom.

btincher38
Site Admin

Post by btincher38 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Is the AAHL strong enough to keep going? This is the third season and lots of people keep predicting every day is the last day. I wish them all the best because I live near Louisville, Ky and we have no team here. Hockey is the only sport I follow, so I follow all leagues from a distance.

btincher38
Site Admin

Post by btincher38 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Unfortunately, the Blizzard might be finished in the AAHL. I hate it for the team and fans.

Return to “AAHL”