Indiana Blizzard

The All American Hockey League (AAHL) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:25 am

According to the buzz on their Facebook page, the team has folded.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 8570605852

Now I'm back to considering a bank loan just to watch a Blackhawks game in person. Well, I'm glad I was able to take-in at least one game before they folded. I knew it wasn't a good sign when tickets were only $7 per. If the Chi-Town Shooters couldn't make it at the same rink on $10 tickets, then how could these guys make it.

...the weekend weather given as a reason for cancelling games was horrible though. Seventy drivers were stuck in their cars for like 18 hours in Northwest Indiana.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:13 am

[quote=""Hockey""]Are you MAHL alumni? I was the preseason GM of the Valley Forge Freedom.[/quote]

Follower, not much else. I hated what Haines did as he had five pretty good
markets that got burned before they had a chance to prove anything.

The Wooster I was referring to was the Korn Kings which may have only
been beaten out by the Albany Choppers in the category of "pathetic
attempts to build a hockey franchise.".

[quote=""btincher38""]Is the AAHL strong enough to keep going? This is the third season and lots of people keep predicting every day is the last day. I wish them all the best because I live near Louisville, Ky and we have no team here. Hockey is the only sport I follow, so I follow all leagues from a distance.[/quote]

It isn't the AAHL itself, but a question of how deep these few owners pockets
are, and if they are willing to finish the season on a shoestring.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

tops804
Site Admin

From the "for what it's worth" file

Post by tops804 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:04 am

http://aahl.pointstreaksites.com/view/aahl/press-box/news_20509
Merry Christmas from the AAHL

Battle Creek, MI – The All American Hockey League (AAHL) would like to wish all of its fans, players and staff a safe and happy holiday season.

When we return

The All American Hockey League season will return after the holidays on December 31st with two New Years Eve games. The Troy Bruins will meet the Queen City Storm in Evendale, OH as the two clubs continue their rivalry. The Logger, Revolution hated rivalry will spark again on New Year’s eve as the two clubs clash in Battle Creek.

All-Star Action

Don’t forget to vote for your favourite players to be named 2011 AAHL All-Stars. The 2011 AAHL All-Star Game is set for January 19th at Revolution Arena in Battle Creek. The AAHL All-Stars will take on the NHL Alumni All-Stars.

Tickets to the 2011 All-Star Game are on sale now, visit http://www.bcrevolutionhockey.com for more details.

Indiana Blizzard

Keep your eyes on the AAHL website over the holiday season as news regarding the Indiana Blizzard will become available.

For more information about this press release email AAHL Manager of Hockey Operations Ryan Harrison at rharrison@aahlhockey.com
My guess is that either the league will have to help finance the Blizzard, or the team will
fold. They've survived with four franchises in the past.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

btincher38
Site Admin

Post by btincher38 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:36 pm

I would have to guess the Blizzard will fold. I don't see them making up the number of games they are behind the rest of the league. I don't know about relocation either, maybe the franchise will be bought by Evansville and placed in Swonder for next year as the Icemen's affiliate.

Return to “AAHL”