AAHl Rosters/Players

The All American Hockey League (AAHL) forum
whoopee23
Site Admin

AAHl Rosters/Players

Post by whoopee23 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Seems to be some legitimate players in this league...hopefully it can stay around and be a true semi-pro league, where guys can play and still hold other jobs.

And by legitimate I just mean players who have played in places we have heard of! LOL

Who is the commisoner of this league?

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:25 pm

[quote=""whoopee23""]Seems to be some legitimate players in this league...hopefully it can stay around and be a true semi-pro league, where guys can play and still hold other jobs.

And by legitimate I just mean players who have played in places we have heard of! LOL

Who is the commisoner of this league?[/quote]

There are some legitimate players. The problem is the league does not provide rosters, stats, updated scores, etc. so you don't know what is going on. Commissioner is Chip Rosetti.

badge203
Site Admin

AAHL Commissioner

Post by badge203 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:03 pm

The commissioner of thi league is NOT Chip. It is Bob Langdon who is a 15 year on ice official in the NHL as well as just about every other league in the country.

Chip is the GM/probably owner in Evansville who will join the IHL next season.

And Joe was never the commissioner, he was on the league board, but he resigned after taking a lot of heat for his criminal past. Joe did play for the Chicago team for 2 games after the Dragons folded and the Chicago franchise needed players, so he suited up. He didn't have any points for his effort

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:59 pm

[quote=""badge203""]The commissioner of thi league is NOT Chip. It is Bob Langdon who is a 15 year on ice official in the NHL as well as just about every other league in the country.

Chip is the GM/probably owner in Evansville who will join the IHL next season.

And Joe was never the commissioner, he was on the league board, but he resigned after taking a lot of heat for his criminal past. Joe did play for the Chicago team for 2 games after the Dragons folded and the Chicago franchise needed players, so he suited up. He didn't have any points for his effort[/quote]

I'm not buying all of this. Joe may not have had the title of Commish but he certainly ran the league, (he told me as much.) What does it say about the quality of play if he PLAYED for one of his teams?
And that is all the people need to know!

whoopee23
Site Admin

Post by whoopee23 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

What are the chances of the league lasting the whole season...and have their been any call ups to the IHL yet?

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:27 am

[quote=""whoopee23""]What are the chances of the league lasting the whole season...and have their been any call ups to the IHL yet?[/quote]

The quality of play was so bad that any beer league in Michigan could have destroyed this league. Hense my guess that the players aren't being paid much if at anything at all. I think based on limited expenses and the fact that this league staggered through last season and has 6 teams at least on paper I do see them surviving the season, sort of.

badge203
Site Admin

Post by badge203 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:28 am

BC-Glad to see after what? 8 years you are still the same. This is my third time back after 8 years, and here you are still ranting and raving.

Joe was not and I repeat WAS NOT the commissioner of this Association last year. It was not a league until this season. Joe ran his mouth a lot, bragged probably a little to much, and was everything but truthful most the time, adn he liked to have people think that he was a big shot (again). But I assure you and I don't care what he said to you, he was never the commissioner. he was on the Evansville board of directors, and he was asked to resign that post, after the stink started coming out.

He played 2 games I believe for the Chicago Blaze (Detroit Dragons replacement).

And yes, this is worse than a beer league and probably a good high school squad could give any of these teams a good game. The Detroit attendance is averaging close to 104 a game, and here is a scoop for you, the IHL Dayton gems bought this team last Thursday. The Hitmen are the Port Huron affiliate so this could be interesting as to what the Gems plans are.

Players are paid $150-200 a week

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:49 am

[quote=""badge203""]BC-Glad to see after what? 8 years you are still the same. This is my third time back after 8 years, and here you are still ranting and raving.[/quote]

And I'm still correct far more often than not here.
Joe was not and I repeat WAS NOT the commissioner of this Association last year. It was not a league until this season. Joe ran his mouth a lot, bragged probably a little to much, and was everything but truthful most the time, adn he liked to have people think that he was a big shot (again). But I assure you and I don't care what he said to you, he was never the commissioner. he was on the Evansville board of directors, and he was asked to resign that post, after the stink started coming out.
I never once stated that he held the title of Commish, what part of that do you not understand? I did state that he was de facto commisioner running things behind the scenes. The sole sponsor in 2008-09 was his own hockey "agency" representing players (alledgedly.)

As for the last claim, why was he made Executive of the Year if they didn't want him around, assuming they existed.
He played 2 games I believe for the Chicago Blaze (Detroit Dragons replacement).
This is all you really need to know about the quality of the AAHL.
And yes, this is worse than a beer league and probably a good high school squad could give any of these teams a good game. The Detroit attendance is averaging close to 104 a game, and here is a scoop for you, the IHL Dayton gems bought this team last Thursday. The Hitmen are the Port Huron affiliate so this could be interesting as to what the Gems plans are.
This league makes the NEHL look good.
Players are paid $150-200 a week
After the stories I heard about last year, I'd be surprised if anyone got paid at all. This year I'm every bit as skeptical until I see PROOF that it has changed. You are talking like an employee desperately trying to do damage control. (One of a LONG line of them who have defended the crap leagues on this site over the years.)

kahunakats
Site Admin

Post by kahunakats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:00 pm

It appears that Evansville and Madison have their acts together for this level of hockey. Has anyone checked out games at either of those two cities? And if they have working relationships with some IHL teams, wouldn't the IHL be concerned about sending a guy down for conditioning or whatever to a place where he's palying in front of a hundred at 8:30 at night?

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:45 pm

[quote=""kahunakats""]It appears that Evansville and Madison have their acts together for this level of hockey. Has anyone checked out games at either of those two cities? And if they have working relationships with some IHL teams, wouldn't the IHL be concerned about sending a guy down for conditioning or whatever to a place where he's palying in front of a hundred at 8:30 at night?[/quote]

Those claims that the IHL is involved are something I would chalk up to "I'll believe it when I see it".

That said I don't think they care how many people are in attendance as long as the kid is skating. I would say the jury is out until more games are played and we see just who is funded and who isn't. Remember Joe talked a great game before and had a funded team once or twice before but he ended up doing 4 years for his methods...

Return to “AAHL”