AAHl Rosters/Players

The All American Hockey League (AAHL) forum
badge203
Site Admin

Post by badge203 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:52 pm

I am not associated with the league at all in any form

Joe was voted the executive of the year because the league only had 2 executives and the commissioner could not vote himself that award

Yes Joe was in the league office, but when it came out about his criminal background, he seemed to disappear from the scene. The League knew about his background, they were hoping that nobody else would know, when it got out, his rapid decline started at that point. I don't even think is company is even around anymore.

I agree with the start time. 8:30 is much too late for a game to start for those families with younger kids and getting home at 11:00 is too late. The reason for the 8:30 start times, is that the arena owner gave the Hitmen a deal on ice time that would be setting empty anyway. The mites have a practice from 7:00 to 8:15 and they get first dibs on the ice.

The Detroit team pays $5000 a month in rent to the arena. And in 5 home games they have drawn like 580 people at $7.00 a ticket for a total income of $3,500 so they are already $1,500 down not including payer pay. So far, there has not been any grumbling from the players or arena about missed pay, so paychecks must be being handed out, adn the first months rent paid anyeway

As stated before, he Dayton Gems purchased this team on Thursday and pledged to keep it in Fraser for the rest of the year, but I expect this team to go by the way of the Falcons, Mechanics, Dragons

Blades of Steel
Site Admin

Post by Blades of Steel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:49 pm

[quote=""BCRantzilla""]I'm not buying all of this. Joe may not have had the title of Commish but he certainly ran the league, (he told me as much.) What does it say about the quality of play if he PLAYED for one of his teams?[/quote]

Guess who the GM of Battle Creek is??? Joe K. Do these people not know his history?

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 pm

[quote=""Blades of Steel""]Guess who the GM of Battle Creek is??? Joe K. Do these people not know his history?[/quote]

I rest my case.
And that is all the people need to know!

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 am

Well, I at least know of the Chi-Town Shooters. Actually, they're in Northwest Indiana. Probably closer to Gary, Indiana than Chicago. A few of the Shooters players showed-up for a hockey night promotion at the ballpark in Gary. Well, it was actually a Chicago Blackhawks promotion, but the Shooters were there between innings anyway. Cool jerseys. I'll make sure to catch a game.

I haven't been on the hockey forums in years. Joe K. is STILL involved with minor league hockey?!? Nothing changes, I guess. 8)

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Mike Killbreath keeps trying to get back into the pro hockey world too but at least we do a good job of keeping the media informed and bad press keeps him out.
And that is all the people need to know!

Johnny 5
Site Admin

haters

Post by Johnny 5 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:00 pm

I have been trolling all over the web today, in forums about the NEPHL, AAHL, IHL and so on and no matter how many people say how great the league is and entertaining the games are, there is always the one person who has to piss into the wind even if the do or dont know what they are talking about just to ruse everyone else.

that being said.
Im 26, I have 22 years of hockey experience and 2 years of college hockey under my belt. Next year I would like to try out for this league and wanted to know if anyone had some information for me. I have been working to pay off my car and once that is done I wouldnt mind making 200$ a week just to play what I love.

badge203
Site Admin

Post by badge203 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:17 am

This league will be around next year, with the exception of Detroit who will once again fold after this season.

Pay is close to $200-225 a week, travel by bus or private car, cheap-o motels and McDonalds as the choice of food

Johnny 5
Site Admin

Post by Johnny 5 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:47 pm

hahah! mcdonalds road food...
thats just bad times all over itself.

IMrule
Site Admin

Post by IMrule » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:02 pm

hey Rantzilla, why don't you check out our "act" in Evansville. The smallest crowd we have had this year was 784. The largest was 1308. It is just Dec. we have not even made it to the break yet. I would not be surprised to see1450 this year. If you are ever in southern Indiana,

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:33 am

Evansville may be one of the last teams standing... American Pro Hockey reports that Chicago burned out and Detroit is looking for a place to relocate...

http://www.americanprohockey.com/2009/1 ... olded.html

Return to “AAHL”