UFL seems to be gearing up

The United Football League (UFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

UFL seems to be gearing up

Post by preeths » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Lots of tweets from players saying they're reporting to camp today. Here's the word I just received from someone on the inside: "...players are starting to report to team sites, physicals are being scheduled, and practice should begin soon."

cflsteve
Site Admin

UFL 2012 rosters ?

Post by cflsteve » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Teams have apeared to have started practice officially today but aside from a few news stories about the signing of a few players I have been unable to find a list of teams rosters anywhere. doe anyone have a site that has team rosters?

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:59 am

[quote=""cflsteve""]Teams have apeared to have started practice officially today but aside from a few news stories about the signing of a few players I have been unable to find a list of teams rosters anywhere. doe anyone have a site that has team rosters?[/quote]

Did you seriously just ask that?

I'm sure there's someone with the teams who has an idea of the names of players in their camp, but I'm certain there's nobody - NOBODY - trying to collate that information so that YOU can have it.

Holy moley, they're lucky they have a football at the moment. They're apparently going to try to play a game next Wednesday, and CBS Sports Network will be lucky to have a roster by then.

Use your head. Pay attention. Someone having a site with team rosters of the UFL. Oh. My. God.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

cflsteve
Site Admin

Post by cflsteve » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 am

Not exactly the reply i was looking for but thanks for your sarcastic answer. I Know the UFL is the butt of everyones jokes with the exception of the 200 some players who are looking for jobs in their profession

tops804
Site Admin

Observations?

Post by tops804 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:28 am

1) UFL website is basically a splash page that directs to that wonderful announcement (already botched once) about the CBS Sports deal and schedule.

2) Rosters??? HA HA HA...Most teams are pretty much telling players to "Come on down!!!" as we speak. The coaches will have to find out who they are first...Then, maybe a webmaster, media outlet.....

3) Virginia just changed head coaches, eight days before the regular season starts...Not that many people noticed though...

4) Sacramento, may or may not, have a venue....

5) Just about six days to opening kickoff?

Kickoff? Wednesday? Anyone have a Strat-O-Matic board handy?
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Did you seriously just ask that?

I'm sure there's someone with the teams who has an idea of the names of players in their camp, but I'm certain there's nobody - NOBODY - trying to collate that information so that YOU can have it.

Holy moley, they're lucky they have a football at the moment. They're apparently going to try to play a game next Wednesday, and CBS Sports Network will be lucky to have a roster by then.

Use your head. Pay attention. Someone having a site with team rosters of the UFL. Oh. My. God.[/quote]

I think you underestimate the number of researchers who keep an eye on alternate leagues. There is certainly someone keeping track of the information the best they can. Many researchers are more than willing to share.

To answer the original question, you might have to wait until early next week for things to solidify for a few teams. The rosters are pretty fluid right now as the teams are just getting a handle on who is even going to show up. cflsteve, PM me your email address and I'll send the Omaha roster as of last night

cflsteve
Site Admin

Post by cflsteve » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Sacramento has had Rawley field locked up for a while now and he goal post have just recently went up.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Nighthawks roster:
http://www.omahanighthawks.com/2012-roster/

Destroyers roster:
http://www.vadestroyersfootball.com/201 ... OSTER.html

Yes, in the UFL that's half the teams.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:13 pm

cflsteve