Is the UFL dead???

The United Football League (UFL) forum
centraldesk
Site Admin

Is the UFL dead???

Post by centraldesk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:50 pm

It seems that everyone is jumping ship, the website contact page no longer works, no new information and even UFLAccess isn't saying anything any more. Was there a funeral and I did not hear about it? This league cannot continue to wait until the last second to release informationn nor can it keep losing everyone that runs it.

I spoke out at the beginning of this journey against the realities of a national minor league as well as their "plan" not being reasonable. They need to either get to work or blow taps already. What do you all think?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Their website has had some issues for months now. Many of the secondary pages generate a DNS error. Honestly, I'm not sure who's left to address any issues. The commish and media relations guy are both gone, and another of the former front office members was suing the league for back pay last I heard. The league phone number still works, but odds are you'll have to leave a message.

centraldesk
Site Admin

Sad

Post by centraldesk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:15 pm

It is sad to see the league disintergrate like this. It is not necessary, but I suppose it is in keeping with the way that it was run... last minute Sally.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:45 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Their website has had some issues for months now. Many of the secondary pages generate a DNS error. Honestly, I'm not sure who's left to address any issues. The commish and media relations guy are both gone, and another of the former front office members was suing the league for back pay last I heard. The league phone number still works, but odds are you'll have to leave a message.[/quote]

So that means we'll never get to peruse Dusty Sloan's 8-part series on the favorite breakfast cereals of UFL weak side linebackers?
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:29 am

[quote=""centraldesk""]This league cannot continue to wait until the last second to release information nor can it keep losing everyone that runs it.[/quote]
They are even late telling everyone of their demise.

[quote=""centraldesk""]I spoke out at the beginning of this journey against the realities of a national minor league as well as their "plan" not being reasonable. They need to either get to work or blow taps already. What do you all think?[/quote]
An epic flushing of good money down the drain. Maybe if they had built a league of Omaha-type teams they might still be around. Then again, playing in the Fall and gambling on a NFL lockout was their biggest blunder.

centraldesk
Site Admin

Design

Post by centraldesk » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Actually they would have been better choosing four teams in major cities in one region and not even entertaining the concept of a minor league. Minor league sports is only sustainable with a larger number of games and preferably a support contract already in place. If they had chosen cities such as NY, Chicago, Philadelphia and Hartford or Columbus, they could have cut down on travel costs and interested TV more. Even with this, they still despirately need better leadership. They were spending money as if they were the NFL.

trueballer
Site Admin

Post by trueballer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Website Still giving Service unavailable error. I try to open the website almost everyday hoping that it will work. The way they are tearing apart and become disintegrated is seriously a sad news.

Panthers14
Site Admin

Post by Panthers14 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:37 am

What is the latest on the UFL? I have seen no new articles on the league since late February; has the league disbanded and just did not informed anyone?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:08 pm

I don't believe the league has disbanded or made any other announcement of the sort.

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Return to “UFL”