Is the UFL dead???

The United Football League (UFL) forum
robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:50 pm

No, the UFL isn't dead. It's just pining for the fjords.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:46 am

[quote=""Dan K""]Not dead yet--http://www.examiner.com/sports-business ... t-dead-yet[/quote]

I'm still not ready to do cartwheels here. The compromise they are putting into place, doesn't exactly make me feel that the final product can be any different than last seasons. Just too many road blocks to overcome.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:55 pm

I cannot see what the point is to returning. The league has made zero progress in three seasons. That's not to say that it's been bad; it just hasn't impacted the pro sports landscape one iota. They've played in virtual anonymity, and the events of this last year with resignations, a team folding, a delayed and then abbreviated season and late or unpaid bills have only undermined what little credibility the UFL had established. Playing in a scant five markets isn't going to change that.

sloanzone
Site Admin

Post by sloanzone » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:22 pm

[quote=""daytonadan""]So that means we'll never get to peruse Dusty Sloan's 8-part series on the favorite breakfast cereals of UFL weak side linebackers?[/quote]

Contempt for talent isn't becoming.

I don't have to defend myself or my work, because both are high-quality.

daytonadan
Site Admin

C'mon, man...

Post by daytonadan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Nothing but love and respect for you Dusty.

The UFL was fortunate to have someone with your enthusiasm.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:59 pm

[quote=""sloanzone""]Contempt for talent isn't becoming.

I don't have to defend myself or my work, because both are high-quality.[/quote]

To be fair, the barb was less about you or your work and more about your fanboyish obsession with this pissant league that can't get out of its own way.

He can now add thin skin to the list of things to needle you about, I guess.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Now Sam...

Post by daytonadan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:55 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]To be fair, the barb was less about you or your work and more about your fanboyish obsession with this pissant league that can't get out of its own way.

He can now add thin skin to the list of things to needle you about, I guess.[/quote]

Now Sam, to be fair...

Dusty's demeanor was that of if Ned Flanders and the page from 30 Rock had a baby and thus came out lines "The UFL has succeeded and will succeed!"

My demeanor was that of a test tube concoction featuring the combined DNA of Homer Simpson and Tommy Gavin from "Rescue Me" and thus I am known for "Where the F--- are our checks?" [For the record, paid in full with only a 4 week delay].

We all can't be the same, and that's what makes life fun. My big off-season opus was going to be an in-depth profile of UFL Parking Lot attendants, but alas, that didn't work out.

I miss that UFL gig. From a writer's standpoint, it was a good run.
Last edited by daytonadan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

jbjfootball
Site Admin

Post by jbjfootball » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:14 pm

A BIG meeting is being held This tues or Wed down in Jackson Mis and ALL the Major players are going to be there including Mayor from San Antone who let an ARENA team in but doesn't want a UFL team in. Go figure. anyway more to come but I think they will play this year. Cant wait to see J Glanville on the sidelines in Jackson. Hey there Dan
When it comes down to it, make sure your owner has money!

Return to “UFL”