UFL Season in jeopardy?

The United Football League (UFL) forum
Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Dwyer will say just about anything at this point.

Given the number of times he's said the new USFL has been justthisclose to announcing its investors and teams, I wouldn't hold your breath on either the USFL playing in 2012 or taking in any UFL teams.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:20 am

[quote=""CFL Video""]I was listening to a radio talk show about the new USFL starting in 2012 and they mentioned they would gladly take any UFL teams that would want to join the New USFL league. If the UFL folds soon, They mentioned these UFL teams could keep there rosters and coaching staff for the New USFL.[/quote]

USFL? Uh-huh. And if some people gave themselves enemas they'd disappear...
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 pm

To carry forward an earlier analogy... the NFL's 7-deuce off-suit beats your pair of aces every time. The NFL is the type of mafia that can bring a deck where your half includes, say, a 3 of crescents, a 5 of pentagons, a 7 of farts, and a 9 of Drew Careys in a 52-card deck and you're pretty much forced to play with it. (The NFL gets the 10 of Jessica Albas, BTW)

That being said, I'm in philosophical mode and something struck me funny... besides the possible specter of HGH testing in the NFL and, if they're on the up and up reporting and enforcing it, what happens to the game on the field. They're THAT kind of mafia, after all, and that's why you'll never see football in the Olympics.

Anyway...

Football is a physically debilitating game. What's the value of a development league when you lose 30% of your players to injuries? Europa had the point of spreading the game overseas (which failed everywhere but Germany... only begging more the question of why German rugby sucks, but I digress again). So maybe I'm getting senile, or maybe I'm starting to see why the NFL thwarts the best efforts of everyone but school-age football. You have to keep the guys fresh before you lead them to slaughter.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

NFL Developement League

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm

They already have this it's called NCAA College Football.
Dear Jack, We believe Joe Newman has a vision. As opposed to blogging his mission negatively why don't you offer suggestions of support and help. We did, Regards Roland Rodgers CEO BSN LLC

Return to “UFL”