UFL Sacramento name the team contest

The United Football League (UFL) forum
Fran
Site Admin

UFL Sacramento name the team contest

Post by Fran » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Which name do people like here.

I hope they don't stick with Redwoods, I like Condors, Miners is good too because they had a CFL team named Gold Miners.

http://www.ufl-football.com/media/templ ... am_contest

The UFL-Football.com website is now hosting ‘Your Town, Your Team, Your Name – You Make The Call’, inviting football fans to start voting for their preferred choice of team names from a shortlist of six options or to suggest a different team name:

• Sacramento Condors
• Sacramento Miners
• Sacramento Pioneers
• Sacramento Redwoods
• Sacramento Senators
• Sacramento Sting

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:24 pm

It doesn't matter what you name a cat, because a cat won't come when you call it anyway.

And it doesn't matter what you call a UFL team because it's not going to be around that long.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Panthers14
Site Admin

Post by Panthers14 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:05 am

I like the Sacramento Miners since I was a fan of the old CFL Sacramento Gold Miners. My second choice would be the Sacramento Sting since they are playing on Sacramento State's Field and they are the Hornets; so Sting would be appropriate. I for one hope the UFL gets their act together come fall and actually markets their product. I also hope they allow for individual team colors and stop using the same color schemes for all teams...that gimmick needs to go.

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:16 am

All the UFL teams will have new jerseys for 2010. Also the Hartford UFL nickname will be announced at 10:30 pm on Sunday Comcast Sports Desk.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:24 pm

I also hope the UFL markets the heck out of the league and starts very soon. We should already know which cities will be in the league. They only have half a year now to get the new teams up and running. If they're going to lose $30 million again, lose it on marketing.

croutonthegreat
Site Admin

Post by croutonthegreat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:34 am

[quote=""Fran""]All the UFL teams will have new jerseys for 2010. Also the Hartford UFL nickname will be announced at 10:30 pm on Sunday Comcast Sports Desk.[/quote]

I didn't mind the colors, as long as they all don't have neon green on them this year. What really needs to change are the officiating uniforms. I don't think anyone will think any less of them if they look a little more, for lack of a better word, official.

Hawk87
Site Admin

Post by Hawk87 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Good points in the above posts. Funny as **** about "what you call your cat"...and of course, best spending money TRYING to get your brand out.

I like Senators. Still think the UFL is about 3-5 years away from having 10k season tickets in each of their 6-8 cities. I commend them for sticking to it last season and for allowing me to watch HDNet broadcasts online for free in HD.

They had a lot of guys signed this season to NFL practice or active squads...not too bad. A serious, minor-league football that isn't college ball and thus players can be bought, is totally viable. Especially if the NFL expands to an 18 game season. More game, more injuries, more need for proven, polished 24-27 year old players honing their skills in a true minor league.

Return to “UFL”