Team Logos

The United Football League (UFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:17 pm

I think that there is a good bit of money behind the league. To me, the problem seems to be that the UFL's entire focus has been on the football operations, instead of the marketing and business operations. Case in point, we knew who the head coaches were months ago but only got team logos the week before the openers. I thought for the most part the first two games looked good and were fairly sharply played, particularly for debuts. The rule changes seemed well thought-out and meant to encourage offenses without being gimmicky.

But football is only part of the product. It seems that the entire game experience is a little lacking. You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and little looks worse than games played in nearly empty stadiums. I think that x amount spent today on things such as local promotions, real cheerleaders, better uniforms, mascots, etc., could well save you three times as much down the line. Building slowly isn't a bad idea, but you don't want to create a negative impression along the way because you just won't be able to overcome it in some markets.

Micro67
Site Admin

Sentinels and Redwoods

Post by Micro67 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:53 am

Just thought I'd put in my two cents. I like the Sentinels logo. It looks like the cover of Ayn Rand's 'The Fountainhead'. A team in New York should have a little conciet. It makes me want to beat them more.

I also like the Redwoods. A California team should be a little avante guard.

I'm not so big on the Tuskers. I would like a southern team to have a simple numbers on one side, silhouette of a tusk on the other design. Also, since it is the 'Speed State'. I'd like bright colors - like the old Orlando Thunder of the WLAF.

Vegas too, should be flashy.
http://www.mekongesl.com - sporting information from Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]

Next question: didn't the AFL have a year hiatus between their first 4-team year and the next season they played? I forget. Seems like something like that can easily happen here.
[/quote]

Arena football played its first four-team, six-game "season" in 1987. Six teams played 12 games in 1988. It was 1989 when they had that kind of barnstorming "reboot" season (five teams, four games) before coming back in 1990 with six teams playing eight games and growing (mostly) from there.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:09 pm

[quote=""Micro67""]
I'd like bright colors - like the old Orlando Thunder of the WLAF.

[/quote]

Noooooooooooooo... please no more of that puke neon green. That color should be banned.

I actually think the Tuskers have one of the better uniform/logo schemes.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:40 pm

If you get me started on S**ttle Sounders FC, with the puke radioactive green basically lifted from the redone S**ttle S**hawks logo, the board may self-destruct.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “UFL”