New UFL info... (link)

The United Football League (UFL) forum
Nation86
Site Admin

New UFL info... (link)

Post by Nation86 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:53 am

Here is my interview folks:

http://www.uflaccess.com

It is a new site that is soft launching to get the interview up while the template for the site finishes being developed.

Hope you enjoy.

carpeatter
Site Admin

Post by carpeatter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:30 am

Why Where you talking to the commish ... ????????

Nation86
Site Admin

Post by Nation86 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:10 am

I interviewed him for the first time back in October and he agreed to do a follow up for the site I agreed to write for - which went ahead and did a soft launch for a variety of reasons, including to get the interview out there in the public eye.

Fez
Site Admin

Post by Fez » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:17 pm

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the post and the new UFL site. I am sorry to see that Columbus Ohio isnt in the initial mix. Crew Stadium would be great and its small size would help create demand for tickets. But I guess the UFL thinks the Buckeyes are just too much to compete with...

Crew Stadium
Last edited by Fez on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subscribe to Dayton Pro Sports Daily News: http://paper.li/f-1313642591

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:55 pm

Though I think it's a GREAT move for them to put in Sacramento...Birmingham, Memphis, Orlando, San Antonio, and Las Vegas have been tried by almost EVERY minor football league there is or was...LA is a given, but where would a New York team go?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Nation86
Site Admin

Post by Nation86 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:40 pm

The NY team will play at Hofstra's stadium in year one.

VegasJeff
Site Admin

Post by VegasJeff » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:55 am

We're less than 48 hours from the kickoff of the Super Bowl, and in New York, it is being overshadowed by a baseball trade. What chance does minor league Friday Night Football stand in that market? Stick to cities where these games will actually be an event. At least they have chosen a smaller venue away from the city, a change from past failed leagues.

carpeatter
Site Admin

Post by carpeatter » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:26 pm

hOW MUCH HYPE DOES THE SUPER BOWL NEED.
I don't think the baseball trade is overshadowing the superbowl.
Baseball is not even close to the most popular sport in the Usa.
Football Is King Everyone in the usa knows this.
Espn likes to hype any sport the have tv contracts with like baseball .

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:35 am

[quote=""Fez""]Interesting stuff. Thanks for the post and the new UFL site. I am sorry to see that Columbus Ohio isnt in the initial mix. Crew Stadium would be great and its small size would help create demand for tickets. But I guess the UFL thinks the Buckeyes are just too much to compete with...

Crew Stadium
[/quote]

Lamar Hunt (recently deceased) owned the Columbus Crew and the Kansas City Chiefs, and if I recall correctly he owned Crew Stadium.

Maybe the transfer of ownership remains with a Kansas City Chiefs connection? If so, there would be no way a league that stoutly wants to compete for player talent with the NFL could strike a deal with Crew Stadium.

I don't know. Something to think about.

Lots of people are turned away from getting Ohio State football tickets. I don't see a problem in getting anyone's attention since the UFL says they'll play on Friday nights. Ohio State plays on Saturdays.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Return to “UFL”