The newest sucker: Battle Creek Revolution

The Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) forum
Minor League Man
Site Admin

The newest sucker: Battle Creek Revolution

Post by Minor League Man » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:57 am

http://www.mahlhockey.com/index.php?opt ... 0&Itemid=1

Crow all you want...we know the IHL, USHL, or NAHL would be glad to give the Kellogg Arena a team as soon as they get an ice machine going!

And by the way, you're not fooling anybody with that logo...we know that's the old Valley Forge Freedom's logo!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:03 pm

The Revolution's home ice is going to be "the Rink" not Kellogg

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:37 pm

[quote=""BreakersFan""]The Revolution's home ice is going to be "the Rink" not Kellogg[/quote]
I know.

But Kellogg is the city's "big league" arena, ergo too good for the likes of the MAHL. I'm just saying all three of the other leagues I mentioned are after that building, and once one gets in, the Revs will be gone so fast Superman will be the one wondering if they're birds or planes.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

JoeyJosephs
Site Admin

They've Gotten Fair Warning!

Post by JoeyJosephs » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:41 am

After reading the front page in The Battle Creek Enquirer Tuesday about the team, and having worked in the past for Andrew Haines, I e-mailed the sportswriter who did the story and detailed my experiences with him and told him to do a Google search and find out the truth about him.

All I'll say is this: They've been fair warned.

If BC gets burned, that's their own fault.

nuck88
Site Admin

Post by nuck88 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:19 am

Did you ever hear anything back from the paper about your e-mail?

tops804
Site Admin

...Trying to keep these all in one thread.

Post by tops804 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:42 pm

Welcome to the newest, newest sucker...

//www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3642404

Non-Geography buffs -- Chelsea is in Southeast Michigan. Nearest major
towns: Ann Arbor...and (WFL Wheels fans, remember?)....Ypsilanti
Chelsea, MI Awarded MAHL Expansion Team
05/17/08 - Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL)

CHELSEA, MI - The Mid-Atlantic Hockey League announced today the latest addition to the League's roster of teams for the 2008-2009 season. MAHL president, Andrew Haines, announced the addition of the team today as well as the team name and logo.
"We are proud to announce the addition of the Chelsea (Michigan) Tornadoes to the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League lineup for our second season," said Larry Debnar, Director of Operations for the MAHL. "The addition of the Tornadoes solidifies the MAHL presence in Michigan as a developmental league for young and up and coming players."

The Tornadoes will host their inaugural MAHL season at the Arctic Coliseum in Chelsea where in addition to general admission seating, the Arctic Coliseum boasts a selection of luxury suites. The Arctic Coliseum recently added a Sports Bar to overlook both ice surfaces below.

"The Arctic Coliseum is a perfect match for the MAHL and the Tornadoes," said Haines. "We are excited to have the Coliseum as a partner in hosting the Tornadoes."

The Chelsea area has a thriving hockey scene with high school teams competing at the Arctic Coliseum.

"We are confident that the Tornadoes will entertain and excite the hockey fans in Chelsea and the surrounding area," said Haines today.

The Chelsea Tornadoes are currently accepting applications for the positions of General Manager as well as Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations.

Single game and season ticket prices for the Chelsea Tornadoes will be announced in the next few weeks.

Candidates interested in open positions with the Chelsea Tornadoes or any team in the MAHL should email their resumes and statements of interest to info@mahlhockey.com info@mahlhockey.com
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

tops804
Site Admin

...and parting is such sweet sorrow...

Post by tops804 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:53 pm

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleyindependent/sports/s_567703.html
No second year for Thunder
By Brian Herman
VALLEY INDEPENDENT SPORTS EDITOR
Thursday, May 15, 2008

It shouldn't come as much of a surprise that the Mon Valley Thunder won't be back for the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League's second season in November.
The league's first campaign was halted with seven weeks remaining due to attendance and financial problems.

Like most of the six teams in the league, the Thunder -- which played its home games at the Ice Garden in Rostraver Township -- didn't have much success attracting fans.

The Indiana Ice Miners, who were 31-1 and riding a 26-game winning streak when the league pulled the plug, is the only team remaining in its charter city.

While the Thunder may be history, two of its better players will be coaching in the Class A loop.
Defenseman Christian Panaia will guide the Ice Miners with former player and assistant coach Darren Seid, the all-star game MVP with seven points, taking over the new South Side Shooters out of Dyer, Ind., 35 miles south of Chicago.

Besides Panaia, the Ice Miners grabbed the Thunder's director of operations Bob Yusko and named him general manager.

The Ice Miners expect to schedule their home games on Fridays and Saturdays so they won't have to go up against the Steelers on Sundays.

The league also will have a new commissioner since Jim Riggs took the same post with the new Eastern Professional Hockey League which presently has three teams -- Danbury (Conn.) Mad Hatters, Rome (N.Y.) and West Orange (N.J.) -- and will add three others
Assuming that the Thunder don't return with a new name, and same logo.

We are at:
Battle Creek Revolution (Mi.)
Chelsea Tornadoes (Mi.)
Indiana Ice Miners (Pa.)
Lake Erie Vikings (Oh.)
South Shore Shooters (In.)
Trenton Warriors (Mi.)

Is it just me, or has this league moved West??? As in, Haines already burned
too many people in Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania markets
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:32 am

[quote=""tops804""]
Is it just me, or has this league moved West??? As in, Haines already burned
too many people in Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania markets.[/quote]

Yes...

In 2009-10, the league will be centered around Des Moines.
In 2010-11, the center will shift to Minot.
In 2011-12, it'll be based around Bellingham.
And in 2012-13, it'll be the Hawaiian Hockey League. :)

davyd83
Site Admin

Mid ATLANTIC???

Post by davyd83 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Isn't it odd that a league named Mid-Atlantic doesn't have any teams within 300 miles of the Atlantic? Haines must have failed geography.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Mon May 19, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm still expecting an announcement from Haines stating that the League is is still the MAHL but it is now the Mid-American Hockey League to reflect recent expansion. I think we'll see it sometime this off-season

Return to “MAHL”