Now I Have Seen It All

The Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) forum
JohnDoe
Site Admin

Now I Have Seen It All

Post by JohnDoe » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Well on the MAHL site they have announced the relocation of another MAHL team. The Wooster Warriors are now in Trenton, MI and are called the Trenton Warriors.

This make 1 team finalized as defunct (Valley Forge), 2 Relocationg (wooster and Jamestown), 1 unknown (Mon Valley) and 1 with a new owner that has apparently done nothing since owning the team except allegedly get on this forum and try to put down everyone (Indiana, PA (I still think this was not the owner that posted that is why I said allegedly))

This really sounds like Jim Cashman(less) with all the relocations. The team in Indiana is in an area that honestly is to fan out of Chicago for fans to come see the games ecspecially with so many other options available (Hawks, Wolves, Steel and numerous other junior and the huge H.S. and Midget AAA followings) This will be a 1 and done ecspecialy since the team is league owned. Now Trenton Michigan WOW I guess I saw it coming but didnt expect the MAHL to sign a death wish. It was announced 2 weeks ago thet Brownstown, MI a city 5 miles from Trenton is getting a NAHL team, 22 miles from the city of Detroit and can someone tell me how many minor teams have tried and failed in the Detroit and surrounding areas?? Honestly with the video I have seen from last years MAHL which will be no better this year, I would rather go see a NAHL Tier 2 Jr. A game. Atleast these kids have a chance to go somewhere. Lets all face the music NO ONE that plays in the MAHL will ever play higher then the ECHL which is still 2 steps from the pinnacle of hockey. The NAHL has sent Over 200 kids to NCAA D1 schools, over 70 players to the AHL and over 50 to the NHL. Not to mention the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL and what they have done for player advancement and development.

With this said, I know the NAHL has been around a lot longer but it is proven and even it will struggle in the Detroit Metro area. There was a team for years in Plymouth Michigan and they never aveaged more then 150 per game. The Whalers OHL team draws decent. So in my opinion there is no chance of this working. I know I know stop being negative, Well it is hard to not point out facts that truly show the inexperience of the MAHL and the lack of knowledge of the areas they are going into.

Ok now to close this post I found one more thing absolutly drop dead funny in the press release about wooster Here is the quote and I will not make any commentary " The MAHL looks to become a world renowned and respected league built around honesty, communication, and the development of personnel. " ROFLMAO

Peace Out

tops804
Site Admin

Except for Indiana, the entire league has relocated...

Post by tops804 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:32 pm

...Call it the NEHLidation of the MAHL. Why can't these so-called league
leaders just give up???

Mon-Valley will move on. Can the Ice Miners be far behind???
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:30 am

Exactly WHO is actually minding the store here? David Waronker and Mike Killbreath called to tell them they are a joke.
And that is all the people need to know!

Return to “MAHL”