FANZ-TV signs Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) to broadcast contract.

The Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) forum
Fan of Fanz-TV
Site Admin

FANZ-TV signs Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) to broadcast contract.

Post by Fan of Fanz-TV » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:59 pm

FANZ-TV Network, a national 24-7 Sports Television Network, announced today that it has signed the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) to a one-year broadcast deal for the 2008-09 season that includes a future two-year option. The announcement was made today at a press conference in Burbank, CA.

League President Andrew Haines stated, "We are excited to be the first single "A" professional hockey league to sign a national TV contract." This is another part of our rebuilding the MAHL brand. Rod Myers and the FANZ-TV staff have been great to deal with and we look forward to building a great relationship between both the MAHL and FANZ-TV Network."

FANZ-TV will air a single Game of the Week and also carry the entire post-season and the 2008-09 MAHL Championship games live. A weekly "Inside the MAHL" show will be produced as a support for the league.

For news and updates, check out our website:
Fanz-TV

Feel free to join our message forum. News and updates will be posted there.
Forum

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:52 pm

One word:

WHY????????
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:43 pm

I can see it now:
FANZ-TV announcer wrote:"Tonight's FANZ-TV MAHL game of the week will not be be seen because the team was evicted from their rink for non-payment of rent. Instead, we will show this old Indian Head test pattern from 1958."

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:06 am

They should play this during "down time," some old Haines-owned Carolina GhostRiders footage:

http://www.wncsport.com/badturf1.wmv

Or this:

http://www.wncsport.com/badturf2.wmv
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:46 am

After looking at the network's web site, I have one question. How can you watch this network? It claims to have a Wichita-Hutchinson outlet, but darned if I can find it even among the LP stations.

mel3476
Site Admin

Post by mel3476 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:09 pm

This is going to be just like the AIFA television deals. Nothing but smoke and mirrors. But the league has to get off of the ground next season for this discussion to really go forward...

Return to “MAHL”