Good for Jamestown...Bad for Northern Ohio.

The Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) forum
joe01369
Site Admin

another barry soskin enterprise

Post by joe01369 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 pm

well this is a guy i know about. barry, barry, barry....if you like Haines, you will love Soskin! although the guy has money personally, he doesnt put it into his teams and he is notorious for not paying bills or coaches...just contact the people he screwed in traverse city michigan, jackson michigan, flint michigan, and several other midwest cities... need i go on?

tops804
Site Admin

Just to refresh one's memory...

Post by tops804 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:00 am

March 18, 2008 - The Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) announced that the Jamestown VIkings (Jamestown, NY) will relocate for their 2nd Season starting in the fall 2008.
The team will now be known as the Lake Erie Vikings and will return to Ohio for the upcoming season.

League President Andrew Haines & League Director of Operations Larry Debnar will announce the new home arena of the Vikings next week.
Next week, was 3 weeks ago. {Insert sound effects of chirping crickets here...}

However, hope does spring eternal....Maybe Ohio rinks are on to this league
and won't sign a lease with it...
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

mel3476
Site Admin

Post by mel3476 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:41 pm

[quote=""tops804""]Next week, was 3 weeks ago. {Insert sound effects of chirping crickets here...}

However, hope does spring eternal....Maybe Ohio rinks are on to this league
and won't sign a lease with it...[/quote]

There is a sucker born every minute. Someone will take the bait, I am sure...

tops804
Site Admin

A yonder light on the front porch comes on?

Post by tops804 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:29 am

//www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3648261
Vikings name Brad Zangs as bench boss for 2008-2009 season
05/27/08 - Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL)

CHAGRIN FALLS, OH - The Lake Erie Vikings of the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League announced today they have named Brad Zangs as Head Coach of the club.

General Manager of the Lake Erie Vikings, Don Lewis, made the announcement from the team's offices. "The Vikings organization and I are looking forward
to Brad being behind the bench for the Vikings this year," said Lewis.

Coming from Farmington, Minnesota, Zangs served as coach most recently for Simley High School during the 2007-08 season. Prior to that position, Zangs served as general manager and coach for the Junior A Northwest Knights where they won their league title in the SJHL.

"Brad is a proven winner, and leader and I look forward to working with him for the 08-09 inaugural Vikings season in Chagrin Falls," Lewis said.
Zangs has served as an assistant coach for Northland College, Hamline College and Iowa State University and has worked successfully to develop
players' skills and ability to move up through collegiate and professional levels
of play.

Zangs has coached over 40 players that have played at the Division I level, he's also been part of winning three national titles.

Over his career, Zangs has coached 15 players who were later drafted in the NHL Entry Draft and seven players who are now playing in the NHL.

"I'm looking forward to an up tempo, in your face type of hockey. I feel good about the organization, I like the idea of giving the players an opportunity to reach their goal of playing pro hockey," Zangs said. "During the off season I will be doing alot of recruiting, trying to get out there and talk to as many
players as possible to make a strong team for the organization."

When asked about the upcoming season Zangs said with enthusiasm, "I think Don (Lewis) and I are both go-getter kind of people that like to get things done and I think we will work well together running the team. It should be fun."

Brad Zangs and his wife Sonja have three sons, Trevor, 14, Garrett, 12, and Donovan,7,who all play hockey and reside in Minnesota.

"Brad and his family will be great assets to the Vikings team," said Lewis.

The Lake Erie Vikings will celebrate their first season with Brad Zangs as head coach during the 2008-09 season. Don't miss any of the action; call the
Vikings head office to get your season tickets now. Call 1-(88 8) -399-0347 for
more information.

The Lake Erie Vikings have an open position for an outside Sales Representatives to work full time/part time. Interested candidates should email their resume to dlewis@lakeerievikings.com.
No mention yet on The Ponds website about their new tenant...
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Return to “MAHL”