PBL Preseason

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:08 pm

No. That shot just went over the backboard.

Live stream of tonight's Saint John @ Halifax game. Starting now: http://live.haligonia.ca/halifax-ns/sports

misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:42 am

Rainmen up 52-46 at the half. This team has nice pieces. There's a couple holes to be filled at the 5 though...

Dollard and Mercer leading the way in scoring.

seblove
Site Admin

12-16-10 Rainmen vs Millrats

Post by seblove » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm not sure what the Rainmen are trying to do with the revolving players at this point. How are they going to be ready for the season. They need to get some sort of rotation and continuity. I watched the game. My observation. (which means nothing anyway)

1. Quit playing with Crookshank, he should start and play lots of minutes.

2. Taliek Brown is just ok. He seems to be looking for his own shot. Not what you want your point to do.

3. Mercer could score 20-25 per game easily if the coach quits the dumb rotations.

4. Kavon Jones is very talented around the basket.

5. Dollard is suspect to me. He's just looking for his only.

6. No half court offense at all.

7. Not enough trapping and swarming, they have the athletes.

8. Rebounding is terrible.

9. Defense is suspect, seems like everyone is waiting to play offense.

If this team is not going to rebound, then they better get out and pressure on defense at least three quarter court.

Good luck Rainmen!

bluenoser
Site Admin

Another Preseason Game

Post by bluenoser » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 pm

DAY @ KEN Dec 21 according to KEN's Facebook ...

Does anyone else have the impression that DAY and KEN are gonna be disasters?

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Manchester @ Vermont game is streaming here: http://www.cvtsport.net/
Game starts at 1:25 pm EST today.

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:27 pm

[quote=""bluenoser""]DAY @ KEN Dec 21 according to KEN's Facebook ...

Does anyone else have the impression that DAY and KEN are gonna be disasters?[/quote]

It seems likely that these 2 teams could be problematic. It is unfortunate because most of the other PBL teams will be solid on/off the court.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Vermont beat Saint John 118-85

Game was close in the first quarter, Vermont broke it open in the second, mostly on offensive rebounds and second chance points.

Vermont looked much better than in the game in NB. They embarassed the Millrats on the boards and caused a ton of turnovers. SJ were unable to get the ball inside since every time it went into the post Vermont swarmed them and the small court didn't give the Millrats enough space to punish them for it. The reffing was kind of sketchy, but the real story was offensive rebounds. Vermont chased down everything. If they do that on January 2nd against Halifax then the game won't even be close.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 am

SJ win 93-91 in Quebec

The scorers for the Millrats:
Anthony Anderson 21pts
Jeff Ferguson 19pts 9rebs
Marc Egerson 12pts
Stan Ocitti 11pts
Eric Gilchrese 11pts
Toree Morris 6pts 7rebs
Mike Anderson 6pts 5rebs
Steve Deluca 5pts
David Cooper 2pts
I find those bottom three scorers to be the big question mark for an otherwise very good team. The big man rotation of Ferguson, Morris and Ocitti is probably the best big man rotation so far in the PBL. Egerson is a star scorer and Anthony Anderson is Anthony Anderson. Gilchrese is good enough to start in the PBL and is a very good backup PG.

But for various reasons they will have a very hard time cutting Anderson, Deluca and Cooper. Deluca is a player I don't really like, but he's a good enough shooter off the bench that he at least fits into the Millrats strategy of pounding the ball inside and then kicking it out for open looks. But Cooper and Anderson just aren't good enough at this point to play big minutes. I think they're in a tough spot.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:09 am

Uh oh. The problems with Kentucky and Lexington start early:

In response to Ian McCarthy asking about the score of tonight's exhibition game on the Bluegrass Stallions facebook page:
Due to insurance complications the game was unable to be played. Be sure to mark your calendars for Jan 6 to see them in action!
This could be a messy season.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:56 am

makes sense why i couldnt get a score from georgetown then... too bad the Stallions and Dayton didnt complete the exhibition game

Return to “PBL”