PBL Web Site

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
time out
Site Admin

Post by time out » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:06 pm

I would without question second the positive comments concerning Adam Dantus. He has always been a dependable person to work with and from my experience did an outstanding job.

Your comments though are about things that were out of his hands. The moves made with players and coaches generally are made by the owner. Not the GM or Web Administrator. The Greenhawks were one of the lower budget teams in the league and likely made those choices to save money. As for the wesite, they are likely just using the old PBL one to keep fans updated and prior to the start of the season will have a new one. Your blame should probably be redirected to the owner. His perspective and decision making may have something to do with the fact that he is no longer with the PBL and left with no announcement. Even Buffalo got a nice Press Release sayng that they couldn't meet minimum standards.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:06 am

[quote=""TEAMDCBLAZE""]I never said that Adam was a bad person. I think it was a wonderful thing what he did for your wife. I was just expressing how I felt of the job he did as the GM last season. Byron Mouton and Dan Artest were the reasons I bought season tickets last year. Alot of mistakes were made by the GM that really affected the team and may have lost alot of fans forever. I have been a fan of the Knighthawks/Greenhawks since they played at the Equestrian Center in upper Marlboro, MD for the ABA.

(1) It was way too many players getting released from the Greenhawks last season. Every week it was a new player added or back on the team. Fans dont like that and your team will not have continuity with new people on the teams so often and learning to work with the new players.

(2) getting rid of Dan artest was a bad mistake. Dan Artest is a basketball legend on the east coast especially in Rucker Park. Artest was a dedicated player and the fans as well as his teammates loved him. Artest didnt even live in the DC Metro area and commuted a long distance just to practice. He was great at rebounding and an over all great asset to the team. I didn't like how after Artest posted on the Greenhawks facebook page that even though the team lost the first two games to Puerto Rico himself and the team were going to work even harder for the new coach and the fans then he finds out the next day by way of facebook that he was terminated. The Greenhawks were selling a lot of tickets and getting new fans by using Dan Artest's name. I remember the radio adds telling people to come see the winningest team in DC featuring Dan Artest the brother of NBA star Ron Artest.

(3) Firing Rob Spon as head coach because he started 1 and 4. He might have lost to Puerto Rico twice but only by a few points. He didnt get blown out by 30 points or more like the current coach. That was just a terrible decision not to stick with a coach that took a PBL team to the playoffs not too long ago by an inexperienced GM thats too impatient. He should have let him finish the season. At least Spon would actually coach the team and not just sit there and let the players argue and do whatever they wanted like the current coach.

(4) I understand Adam Dantus is your friend but please Sir don't attack me. Don't take it personal because I'm not taking it personal. I don't know Adam personally and I didn't attack him as a person but as the GM. So please don't say I dont know anything about what Adam has done and of the job he has done as GM because I do and I have watched it with my own eyes as a season ticket holder and fan. When you post your replies you shouldn't post on a personal friend level but post as a fan because once again I have no problem with Adam the person but Adam the GM. I hope you are right that Adam is going to accomplish good things in the future for the Greenhawks because so far he hasn't. He has managed to get the team kicked out off a league that they helped create by making poor decisions that hurt the team in the end. Whats next after the ACPBL if things dont work out this season? The CBL or back to the ABA? We will see this coming season. I respect your opinions and everyone elses and I think this is a great site. sorry if I offended you. I understand how it feels to have a family member dealing with cancer. My dad just had cancer surgery and by the grace of God he is recovering. God bless you and your wife.[/quote]

I apologize if I came across the wrong way. Guys like preeths, Chuck and others know that I am instensly loyal those who are good to me. As a former, and hopefully again a sportswriter and broadcaster, (This "real job" thing bites the biggie) one is not used to developing some of the friendships I have developed over the years. Adam is one of those guys whom I have developed a friendship with and his friendship through tough times is something that will never, ever be forgotten.

My best to you and your father. I know full well that being the son/daughter/wife/husband of someone going through cancer is probably one of the worst things in the world to deal with. The uncertainty, seeing your loved one go through chemo and go through the recovery process is something that very few understand and I hope no one else will ever have to go through again. There are times that I wonder if when I see my wife asleep at night if it is the last time I will see her. I imagine you feel the same with your father.

Again, I wish you, your family and your father all the best. Be strong, be there for him, and hopefully in our lifetimes we will see a cure for this horrible disease.

Again, my apologies and if you need anything, let me know.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

Return to “PBL”