Whats up with Vermont?

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
PaulD
Site Admin

Whats up with Vermont?

Post by PaulD » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Hey its Aug 4 and we have no info as to what is up with the Frost Heaves

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100 ... /707289921

the above referenced article states the league would let Go Heaves know wether to continue by August 2. Has anybody seen the result yet?

Dogriver can you tell us whats up?

misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 pm

According to journalist Brian Freeman's twitter feed:
PBL: Levingston confirms Vermont will return in 2010-11.

Dogriver
Site Admin

Post by Dogriver » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:32 am

The Vermont Frost Heaves are in - we're holding a press conference on Friday, August 6 at the Barre Auditorium at 12:00 noon during which time we'll introduce our new general manager and, hopefully, our coach.

We're operating the team as a fan-driven, fan-led, non-profit company, called GO Heaves, Inc., with a social mssion. Our mission is to play serious and competitive basketball in a family friendly, affordable environment, and invest staff and financial resources to improve the well-being of our community.

We're going to play all of our games in central Vermont which means no games in Burlington. The board of directors will re-visit that issue a bit further down the road. Most of fans and our volunteers are from central Vermont and we wanted to focus on what's manageable for our new company this year.

We're all pretty excited here in Barre. We're not too giddy, though, to underestimate the challenges ahead.

See ya in the stands!

Thanks -

GO Heaves, Inc.
Professional Basketball in Our Backyard

CAVSFAN
Site Admin

Post by CAVSFAN » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Congratulations Vermont!! Welcome Back even though you never left. Glad things worked out and look forward to some Vermont/LFS basketball.

GO CAVS Crazy!
Last edited by CAVSFAN on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cavs Basketball
Site Admin

Post by Cavs Basketball » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Congrats Vermont!! I am so glad that we will be competing once again!! You guys have some very loyal and devoted fans and it is great that you are staying in the PBL!!!! See you guys soon!!!

Go CAVS CRAZY!

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:21 pm

[quote=""Dogriver""]The Vermont Frost Heaves are in - we're holding a press conference on Friday, August 6 at the Barre Auditorium at 12:00 noon during which time we'll introduce our new general manager and, hopefully, our coach.

We're operating the team as a fan-driven, fan-led, non-profit company, called GO Heaves, Inc., with a social mssion. Our mission is to play serious and competitive basketball in a family friendly, affordable environment, and invest staff and financial resources to improve the well-being of our community.

We're going to play all of our games in central Vermont which means no games in Burlington. The board of directors will re-visit that issue a bit further down the road. Most of fans and our volunteers are from central Vermont and we wanted to focus on what's manageable for our new company this year.

We're all pretty excited here in Barre. We're not too giddy, though, to underestimate the challenges ahead.

See ya in the stands!

Thanks -

GO Heaves, Inc.
Professional Basketball in Our Backyard[/quote]

From my perspective, I am happy that the Frost Heaves are back - and that all their games will be played at Barre. I enjoyed the times I went to Burlington; but have you ever tried to find a parking spot there for a Heaves game? At least Barre's got enough parking and is easily accessible - I just have to navigate 40 miles of that winding Route 100. :)

PaulD
Site Admin

Post by PaulD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Congratulations Go Heaves. What an achievement to raise that much money in such a short time. It reflects well on the current management and devoted fans of Vermont. Good luck in the future.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:01 am

Congrats!!! It is good to see that basketball will remain alive in Vermont. I am also glad to hear you are out of Burlington. In Burlington it was IMPOSSIBLE to park, especially during the winter.

Best of luck to you guys.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:21 am

This is great. I really thought Vermont was down for the count. This is definitely a big victory for basketball in the Green Mountain State and definitely a big boost for the league -- by my math the PBL is at 7 teams.

Frank Mart
Site Admin

Post by Frank Mart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:54 am

[quote=""wellington""]This is great. I really thought Vermont was down for the count. This is definitely a big victory for basketball in the Green Mountain State and definitely a big boost for the league -- by my math the PBL is at 7 teams.[/quote]

Quebec Kebs (Can)
Halifax Rainmen (Can)
Saint John Mill Rats (Can)
Vermont Frost Heaves (Vermont)
Rochester Razorsharks (NY)
Lawton For Sill Cavalry (OK)

Where is seven team?

Thanks

Return to “PBL”