Puerto Rico has just dropped out of the PBL

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:53 am

Best League yea right! I'm starting to hear that song in my head again. Now I know they are gonna get as much money as they can and get out and leave teams holding the bag. I told you they won't make it and I say good ridance.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:14 pm

I don't think anybody has that knowledge. I don't feel that is by mistake either. That is why this league is run by guys that have teams in the league. They don't want people to know. They did not like the leagues they were in, cause things did not go there way. If you have your own league, you can do what ever you want. This way you have a great advantage to reach your goals. If you look at the leagues out there now they are run the same way. Each of the owners has their own reasons for running their league. When you look back at the minor leagues that had some success. They were run by a Commissioner that did not have a team that played in the league. They had owners meeting, where the owners had great input. They made dicissions on league issues. They were not dictated to. Owners knew where every cent of there money was being spent. There is one league out there now, that has been around for over 5 years and has never had a face to face owners meeting. Ask a guy like Bear Hunter one of the old CBA Commissioner what he thinks of these new leagues, and the way they are run. If you run your own league look at the money you could make. For example. If you charged 20 teams $20,000.00, even after expenses, that is a nice pay check. I don't see the D-League having the problems that these other leagues do. Sure, some have low numbers at the gate, but those are not the problems I am talking about. Who will not be playing the the D-League play offs? What is the name of the guy that owns that league? Just an observation.

Frank Mart
Site Admin

Mysterious expulsion of the Arecibo Captains of PBL

Post by Frank Mart » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:54 pm

http://www.primerahora.com/diario/notic ... pbl/377436

The owner of the Arecibo Captains confirmed his expulsion from the PBL.

It has long been seen it coming ...

//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=16861

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:13 pm

[quote=""Frank Mart""]http://www.primerahora.com/diario/notic ... pbl/377436

The owner of the Arecibo Captains confirmed his expulsion from the PBL.

It has long been seen it coming ...

//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=16861

Thanks Frank. Here's the Google translation:

Strangely silent.

The manager of the Arecibo Captains Luis Monrouzeau confirmed last night that the Arecibo Captains were expelled from the Premier Basketball League (PBL) but declined to enumerate the reasons why his departure from the league.

"Yes, we were expelled, and our lawyers are working with the situation, but I can not give more details," he said tersely Monrouzeau to Primera Hora.

The spokesman said the Arecibo Captains would issue a press release explaining the situation and thus, his comments would be limited, but the cut never press.

Meanwhile, the website of the league offered no details and it was not possible to contact any staff by telephone.

The Captains, who were on their agenda last regular-season game this Saturday at Arecibo, played simultaneously in the PBL and the National Superior Basketball (BSN).

A few days ago, the PBL announced in a press release that the players would not participate in the Captains of Star Game on 2 May, because the date coincided with commitments in the BSN. Monrouzeau would neither confirm nor deny that the reason for his expulsion was to participate in both leagues.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:14 pm

On a brighter note, the league has went pretty well this season without any major incidents, or other casualties.

There were some lopsided games, but heck, look at the new Jersey nets.

Running a league is not easy, especially in this economy. So don't be armchair quarterbacks.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Sounds more like a fact than an armchair quaterback. A team has dropped from your league, do not say that it is the ecomonies fault. They dropped out before play-offs. If this was the ABA, guys would be calling for peoples heads. A fact is a fact. In the bigger picture, added to this problem, the league owns two teams and Buffalo has no money. Teams are getting beat by 50 points or more. Stop drinking the kool aid NSF.

ACBSPAIN
Site Admin

Facts

Post by ACBSPAIN » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Hello again,

if it's confirmed, this will show that the league or the which take part are not serious. Don't blame the economy, it's too simple, this league are only of five teams, the other are a joke, well, lately Vermont had a great job. The match of Friday is interesting, but we know the four teams to make the play-off. It's really sad, and the league never gives informations, I supose because they don't want to say the truth, is not a good sign. Maybe if the final is in Rochester again will be the final sign. Thanks.

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:36 pm

[quote=""ACBSPAIN""]Hello again,

if it's confirmed, this will show that the league or the which take part are not serious. Don't blame the economy, it's too simple, this league are only of five teams, the other are a joke, well, lately Vermont had a great job. The match of Friday is interesting, but we know the four teams to make the play-off. It's really sad, and the league never gives informations, I supose because they don't want to say the truth, is not a good sign. Maybe if the final is in Rochester again will be the final sign. Thanks.[/quote]

We don't know if both Vermont and Halifax will qualify for the playoffs regardeless of what happens Friday night. They could still award Rochester a playoff series forfit and have them go straight to the championship series.
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:13 pm

It sounds like Puerto Rico was actually kicked out. That's not just PBL revisionist history.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Regardless of what happend, I do not like the radio silence coming out of the league office. They do this too often.

Return to “PBL”