Puerto Rico has just dropped out of the PBL

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:30 pm

[quote=""misenern""]It sounds like Puerto Rico was actually kicked out. That's not just PBL revisionist history.[/quote]

Technically you are correct, according to the news article. However, Puerto Rico is apparently being kicked-out for not playing their remaining games. They're being kicked-out for dropping-out. That's like the old Three Stooges line, You can't quit. I fire you.

sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Kicked out kinda sounds familiar, let me guess maybe they are a threat to the three peat. I'm sure they twisted the rules in their favor (Rochester) it is almost playoff time and threatened to sue them if they didn't follow their rules. Same Ol strong arm buisness Model that will be their demise.

LandoG
Site Admin

Sharks vs. PR

Post by LandoG » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:53 pm

...I demand that the PBL award a loss to Rochester. :eek:

pistol44
Site Admin

Post by pistol44 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:01 pm

[quote=""LandoG""]...I demand that the PBL award a loss to Rochester. :eek: [/quote]

Why would Roch get a loss? What did they do to deserve to lose a game?

confused
Site Admin

Post by confused » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm sure money has something to do with the exit of this team. They could have rescheduled the game for another day. I have to agree with this Sonnie guy on this one. Sounds much like the drama from last year. Juniper may be on track.

misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 pm

According to the Metro Halifax Twitter feed, Tom Doyle has confirmed that Puerto Rico is out. Also, the Rainmen and Frost Heaves have clinched playoff spots as a result.

a1sports
Site Admin

Arcebio, the team that plays with no rules

Post by a1sports » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Here is the latest, PR was going to Halifax, as per instructions they were supposed to be in Boston for a connecting Flight by air Canada to Halifax. They never made the connecting flight becuase they booked the flight to Boston there way. So Halifax said they would pay if PR would reimburse, Halifax paid and PR said they will not reimburse. So the league gave them a deadline to pay Halifax back, and pay Quebec back ( for extra hotel rooms) Deadline passed they got tossed. Apprently the owners of the teams in the PBL voted for this. PR also didint submit playoff dates. BSN not happy with arcebios actions. BSN is a very good league with this one rotten apple. D league also not happy with Arcebio for what they did to Simms, verbally offered X dollars to play then when he gets there cuts pay in half.

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 am

[quote=""a1sports""]Here is the latest, PR was going to Halifax, as per instructions they were supposed to be in Boston for a connecting Flight by air Canada to Halifax. They never made the connecting flight becuase they booked the flight to Boston there way. So Halifax said they would pay if PR would reimburse, Halifax paid and PR said they will not reimburse. So the league gave them a deadline to pay Halifax back, and pay Quebec back ( for extra hotel rooms) Deadline passed they got tossed. Apprently the owners of the teams in the PBL voted for this. PR also didint submit playoff dates. BSN not happy with arcebios actions. BSN is a very good league with this one rotten apple. D league also not happy with Arcebio for what they did to Simms, verbally offered X dollars to play then when he gets there cuts pay in half.[/quote]

...and that noise you hear is coming from an Indianapolis basement...
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

confused
Site Admin

Post by confused » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:38 am

If they didn't take care of financial obligations they should be kicked out.

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:24 am

WTF, they miss a flight and that leds to their "expulsion", does the league require teams to put up any surety funds? That is normally standard operating procedure, the league takes the rainy day funds and pays for the airfare. (Why was Halifax involved?)
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

Return to “PBL”