Playoff Standings as of March 22

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
Frost Heaves Fan
Site Admin

Playoff Standings as of March 22

Post by Frost Heaves Fan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:58 pm

AS OF MARCH 22, 2010

QUALIFIED FOR PLAYOFFS (top four teams enter playoffs)
Team W L .PCT
Lawton-Fort Sill 15 2 .882
Puerto Rico 14 3 .823

TEAMS IN PLAYOFF HUNT
Team W L .PCT
Rochester 12 4 .750
Halifax 10 5 .667
Vermont 9 7 .562

TEAMS OUT OF PLAYOFFS

Team W L .PCT
Manchester 6 13 .316
Maryland 3 14 .177
Buffalo 3 14 .177
Quebec 2 12 .142

bluenoser
Site Admin

What if VER and HAL are tied ...

Post by bluenoser » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 pm

If VER (9-7 with MD, ROC, QUE and HAL all at home left to play) and HAL (10-5 with @MD, LFS, @VER, @BUF and QUE left) are tied, who wins the tiebreaker?

PBL TIEBREAKERS
In the event that two or more teams are tied in terms of playoff seeding, the following tiebreakers will take place, in order of importance:
• (1) winning percentage;
• (2) if still a tie, head-to-head record shall determine the winner;
• (3) if still a tie, head-to-head record against each team in their division will determine the winner;
• (4) if still a tie, points scored in head to head competition will determine the winner;
• (5) if still a tie, average margin of victory in head to head competition will determine the winner;
• (6) if still a tie, the team correctly calling the flip of a coin will be seeded higher.

If they're tied at the end, probably that means VER beats HAL in the game AT VER, and (1), (2), (3) (divisions?) are equal and (4) would be the tiebreaker - right?

Frost Heaves Fan
Site Admin

Post by Frost Heaves Fan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:40 pm

[quote=""bluenoser""]If VER (9-7 with MD, ROC, QUE and HAL all at home left to play) and HAL (10-5 with @MD, LFS, @VER, @BUF and QUE left) are tied, who wins the tiebreaker?

PBL TIEBREAKERS
In the event that two or more teams are tied in terms of playoff seeding, the following tiebreakers will take place, in order of importance:
• (1) winning percentage;
• (2) if still a tie, head-to-head record shall determine the winner;
• (3) if still a tie, head-to-head record against each team in their division will determine the winner;
• (4) if still a tie, points scored in head to head competition will determine the winner;
• (5) if still a tie, average margin of victory in head to head competition will determine the winner;
• (6) if still a tie, the team correctly calling the flip of a coin will be seeded higher.

If they're tied at the end, probably that means VER beats HAL in the game AT VER, and (1), (2), (3) (divisions?) are equal and (4) would be the tiebreaker - right?[/quote]

May not need a tie breaker!!!! I read in another basketball site that PR may not be in the PBL playoffs because of the BSN season and schedule. If this is correct then Halifax and VT would both make the top 4. Then everyone is happy. If this happens then OK would probably be the champs!!

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Do you have a link to this? It'd really make things interesting if this were the case.

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 am

Interesting to say the least. PR plays a great game and bring a great crowd with them.

We, here in Oklahoma, are looking forward to seeing PR here for the finals.
Would be an awesome matchup for the champoinship too.

So if that is the case then we would be looking at :

1. Oklahoma
2. Rochester
3. Vermont (Halifax)
4. Halifax (Vermont)

For the playoffs.

Still would be interesting matchups.

Frost Heaves Fan
Site Admin

Post by Frost Heaves Fan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 am

[quote=""CHris902""]Do you have a link to this? It'd really make things interesting if this were the case.[/quote]

I think I saw this 2-3 weeks ago and can't remember the exact site. It may have been BSN site or US Basket. But as I said they may not be able to be in the playoffs. Nothing definite at this point, this was the impression I got.

bluenoser
Site Admin

PR's BSN Schedule for April

Post by bluenoser » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:02 pm

[quote=""Frost Heaves Fan""]I think I saw this 2-3 weeks ago and can't remember the exact site. It may have been BSN site or US Basket. But as I said they may not be able to be in the playoffs. Nothing definite at this point, this was the impression I got.[/quote]

It looks to me that PR may not have time to play the PBL playoffs ...

ABRIL VISITANTE LOCAL
Domingo 4 ARECIBO BAYAMON
Lunes 5 HUMACAO ARECIBO
Jueves 8 GUAYNABO ARECIBO
Sábado 10 ARECIBO HUMACAO
Lunes 12 ARECIBO GUAYNABO
Jueves 15 SAN GERMAN ARECIBO
Viernes 16 QUEBRADILLAS ARECIBO
Jueves 22 ARECIBO ISABELA
Viernes 23 ARECIBO SAN GERMAN
Martes 27 SANTURCE ARECIBO
Viernes 30 ARECIBO SAN GERMAN

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:51 pm

If Puerto Rico cannot compete in the PBL post season, I see two scenarios.

1. The league still has the 4 team play offs. With LFS at #1 and Rochester at #2 taking on Halifax and VT in whatever order they finish in. This would be logical.

2. The league states that since Puerto Rico cannot compete in the playoffs, that it forfeits the playoff series and that the team it would face, gets an automatic bye into the championship series. And guess who Puerto Rico would face?

I’m not saying that either scenario will happen. I just feel that the ball has been kicked onto the fairway before for Rochester and it could happen again.

Of course, if Puerto Rico does compete in the playoffs, all the above is moot
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:42 am

Puerto Rico-Arecibo is going to get no help in arranging dates over. Since the Ponce Lions were screwed monetarily at this point from moving a game from April 20th to March 16th. Automatically 50% of the tickets go to each team but Arecibo offered 20% extra and that money still has not appeared. Oh and lets not start with the 2000 dollar hotel bill they owe Quebec. A millionaire team with a bourgeois attitude. That their crap doesn't stink. They better pay the bill because if the BSN finds out they will strike at them like they've never struck on a team before. That can lead to forfeits or a BSN first and expulsion. Deadline is now. Pay your bills and stop worrying of the BSN season because if you don't handle the PBL right the BSN will do right. EVEN MILLIONAIRE OWNERS ACT LIKE JOE NEWMAN!!!!!
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Not paying bills really hurts minor league basketball. PR should take care of these outstanding bills, just as the PBL should pay there outstanding bills. I feel this is the way life works. If your leadership does not follow the practice of paying bills, why should the teams? This behavior has killed certain markets. Someone also hit the nail right on the head. PR will take part in the play offs, however if they can't make it, they lose. In my opinion this will be the last year of the PBL, Doc and Rochester can't go out on a bad note. They will not have to play a first round play off game. But here we go again. It is play off time, and nobody really knows what is going on. If PR was not going to play in the play offs, every team should have be notified at the start of the season. If teams can't take part in the leagues play off system due to other obligations or can't afford to go to the play offs like in other leagues, they should not be in the league. What do you all think?

Has D. Bowden improved that much? He is Lawton's best player and they are in first place. He was Elgins best player in the IBL, and in Elgins last year they came if 4th. Pehaps the talent in the IBL is as good as what people say. I would love the see the PBL Champ take on the IBL Champ. I think the LA team that won the IBL would beat any PBL team. It is still to bad that last years Championship did not go off as planned. In a sense, that is what we would have had. With Battle Creek coming from the IBL, it would have been the IBL VS the PBL. Now that I think about it this way, I see why they wanted that game in Rochester. If they played in Battle Creek, an IBL team would have won the Championship. With that being said an IBL team has the best regular season record in the PBL for wins. No way could the PBL allow this to happen? I see this as another reason the PBL kicked BC out. Stay tuned, lets see what happens next on this soap. One last note. Elkart and Gary in opinion with there IBL teams, were much better then PBL teams. They would have beat Rochester by double digets. Good Luck Lawton, things are not looking good for your team and the play offs. Do you have your production crew ready to telivise the games down your way. If not, you better or that will be another reason the Championship will not be played at your place.

Return to “PBL”