LFS-Buffalo

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
Precious Roy
Site Admin

LFS-Buffalo

Post by Precious Roy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 am

Since there are no live stats, and since I can't listen to the broadcast, is there anywhere I can get some info on this game today?

Alumni96
Site Admin

Post by Alumni96 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:01 am

The only info you need to know is that it's going to be an ugly beatdown for Buffalo.

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:20 am

Just came back from lunch and listened to the game while I was out of the office. The lead was 50 points near the three minute mark of the third.

CAVman60
Site Admin

Final 164-96 Cavs win!

Post by CAVman60 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:26 am

That is a beat down! I listened to the game and it was a Cav jam fest!

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 am

Buffalo Stampede need major ownership changes with that organization next year if they are to come back to the PBL. You can't have a high school coach and beat downs like that.

Please Buffalo Stampede do something next year to fix this or save Buffalo the time and trouble and move the team out of Buffalo at the end of the year. To whatever city will have you.

Running a PBL franchise like this is a joke in my opinion as a Buffalonian. Don't tell me there trying there way past that and PBL fans know it and I know it. Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:53 pm

It's strange, BSF, that you want the team to move(imo). I would think, being a Super Fan, that you would want changes and to keep them the Stampede there! It sounds like the team does not promote(maybe I'm wrong) which they should be doing.
I know tbayz is a diehard fan.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Buffalo, does not have the budget to compete with the other teams. Until that happens, things won't get much better in Buffalo. That is to bad, cause they do so many things right.

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:55 am

Psbf I realize it sounds strange to you but you have to understand that this is a very strange situation for Buffalo. I have been following sports in Buffalo since 1975 and never ever have I seen a situation in Buffalo were a owner has not enough funds to run a professional sports operation.

Yes we had bad owners that weren't perfect but never a situation where a so called professional league PBL in this case allows a owner in Buffalo with no money in Vinny Lesh. I will give a example this is my opinion I was there only my opinion of what I think happen with the Buffalo Stampede when we first got into the PBL as a expansion team.

Bare with me the story has a point my mother sold our family home because she retired and the house was to big because all my brothers and sisters grew up and move out. My father had passed away 10 years ago and it was just her in a big house so she down sized to a apartment where everything outside and inside is taking care of like fixing things that dad use to do.

My mom would have money to buy a PBL franchise in my opinion if she wanted a PBL franchise because she sold her house but she doesn't have the money to run the day to day operations like paying players and coaches. See substitute my mom___________ and add Vinny Lesh. Vinny had the money to buy a PBL franchise in my opinion but not enough to run the franchise not even close.

So what does he do he doesn't have the money to run the club. Well first you look for invester which if I had to guess he did. My guess he couldn't find any in Buffalo interested in flushing money down the drain on a minor league basketball franchise in Buffalo. So that option is out again this is BSF just speculating what might have happened with the Buffalo Stampede PBL I have no proof just a hunch.

Then what do you do next best option if your Vinny Lesh run the team like a AAU club if the PBL will let you and that is what is going on here in Buffalo in my opinion. This stradegy can't work because the other PBL teams are to professionally run for Buffalo to ever compete in the PBL run like this. It just isn't possible Vinny Lesh gave it the good fight but it is time to fold or move this franchise way past the time.

See my mom and any of you or me would have the good sense to say I don't have that kind of money once I bought the PBL expansion franchise with my life savings to run a operation like that right we wouldn't do it. We would say what are you nuts. I am not going to lose my life savings on a PBL basketball franchise that I can't possible afford to run properly. Vinny Lesh doesn't see that logic the PBL has to make him see it in my opinion.

No one can do anything about this but the PBL. No mircle is going to happen where the Buffalo Stampede PBL is going to pack a 2,000 seat gym with a AAU Amateur team for players in my opinion in Buffalo it is hopeless.

Any reasonable league would say Vinny Lesh find investers for Buffalo Stampede if not sell the franchise to another person to do what they please when they buy the Buffalo Stampede PBL franchise rights in the PBL. If that means moving them to another city so be it. I hope PBL fans know where I am coming from. It is a joke that the PBL didn't vet the owner in Buffalo.

And yes if I had the choice between another year run like this or move or fold. Then yes put my Buffalo Stampede PBL out of business either moving them or folding them. If you can't run a pro basketball operation right then don't run it at all in my opinion I am using common sense. Running it right means paying coaches like Jim Condill in 2010 and John Fitzpatrick last year in 2009 not stiffing them and get players that are professionals not players that is AAU amateurs at best.

Look we have good Buffalo fans that is the shame of this all. All we want is a professional run organization. How would you feel if you hear your coach quiet for the second year in a row over a contract dispute this has happen because the owner in my opinion won't honor the contract the coach and he agreed too.

This isn't a one time thing this has been going on for two years now and the PBL league and PBL fans on these boards don't seem to understand until the PBL boots Vinny Lesh out nothing changes and the nonsense will continue. There are a few outside of Buffalo on this PBL boards that know what our Buffalo fans are going through with a owner that is continueing to do nothing but make the situation worse. The high school retired Buffalo coach/school teacher was the final straw for me as a Buffalo Stampede fan.

We are a mess and it is hopeless until the PBL steps in nothing will change. But atleast do something instead of doing nothing about Vinny Lesh PBL. I want the Buffalo Stampede in Buffalo but not under this owner. If this is our only option then speaking for myself only as a basketball fan then I don't want pro basketball in Buffalo. And I use pro basketball very losely with the semi-pro Buffalo Stampede.

Juniper Vinny Lesh will never have the budget to compete inless he wins the New York State Lottery sorry but it is the truth how I feel as a Buffalo Stampede fan and everyone on this PBL board knows it that follows the PBL closely. Buffalo Stampede PBL franchise situation is hopeless. Let's Go Buffalo
Last edited by Buffalo Super Fan on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

Return to “PBL”